cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet connection disconnecting and intermittent crackling on phone

johnny95
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 116 of 116

Hi,

My internet connection has been disconnecting for serval months. Recently it has got worse. I also have intermittent crackling on the phone. I was using the black Huawei hub and then the Sagemcom WiFi hub 2.

However they both were rebooting automatically. So I then tried a different setup with a router and modem. I used the BT Huawei Echolife HG612 provided by Talktalk a while ago, and a Eero Pro 6 router. The DSL on the modem did the same and kept dropping. I'm now using a Draytek Vigor 166 modem with the Eero Pro 6. Unfortunately this modem also dropped DSL. So it's fair to say it's the internet connection where the problem is.

I have now connected my modem to the test socket on the master socket. It's been connected for just over a week. As far as I know it hasn't dropped so far. I'm thinking it may be the faceplate on the socket that could be the problem? However I'm not 100% sure. It could be a line or exchange issue? I had an issue with the exchange over 10 years ago, where the filters needed replacing. Maybe it's the same issue, I'm not sure. 

As there has been so many disconnections my speed has dropped from 58Mbps to 44Mbps. I'm guessing the DLM has slowed it down? 

Please can you help,

Cheers,

John

0 Likes
115 REPLIES 115

Message 101 of 116

Yes as I mentioned in my first post I’ve used the black Huawei hub and then the Sagemcom WiFi hub 2 from you and they both disconnected. So that’s why I’m using my current setup. I think it could be the faceplate as it hasn’t disconnected since I’ve been in the test socket. Is it possible to send an engineer?

0 Likes

Message 102 of 116

It’s not the router either as I’ve tried 4 different routers.

0 Likes

Message 103 of 116

Hi @johnny95 

Thanks for your reply.

Do you ever connect just the router without the modem?

Have we sent you a Sagemcom WIFI hub for testing?

0 Likes

Message 104 of 116

I really don’t think it’s the microfilter. As when I’m not using the test socket I have a faceplate that doesn’t require one. With the phone in one socket and a separate dsl socket. 

0 Likes

Message 105 of 116

Hi @johnny95 

The loop fault has been detected again. I'm wondering if it's a fault with the microfilter or router.

Do you have another filter you could try?

0 Likes

Message 106 of 116

Yes the router, modem and phone all connected through the test socket.

Message 107 of 116
0 Likes

Message 108 of 116

Yep please try.

Message 109 of 116

Hi @johnny95 

I could try the line test again with the router and filter connected at the test socket (phone still also connected) to see if that still comes back clear?

0 Likes

Message 110 of 116

I couldn’t hear any noise but most of the time there isn’t any. I’m now back online connected to the test socket again. Do you think it could be the faceplate? 

0 Likes

Message 111 of 116

Thank you @johnny95 

The line test is now clear - No faults detected.

Would it be ok to connect the phone now and see if there is any noise on the line at the test socket? (with the router still removed)

0 Likes

Message 112 of 116

Ok I'll do that now. I'll reconnect in 15 mins.

Message 113 of 116

Hi @johnny95 

Yes if you could remove the router, phone and filter from the test socket too?

I can then run another test. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 114 of 116

Ok so I should take everything out? As I say the faceplate is already out.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 115 of 116

Hi @johnny95 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a loop fault and this is often caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line.

Would it be possible to remove everything from the line including the face plate for 15 minutes so I can run another line test in this set up?

0 Likes