cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet connection upload speed

BMYur
Team Player
Private Message
Message 58 of 58

I have upload speed of only 9 Mbps, although download speed is 50 Mbps. Why it is so small and how to increase it?

0 Likes
57 REPLIES 57

Message 21 of 58

They may send you a spare microfilter.

@BMYur, in future, keep everything. The boxes are not very bulky but you never know if something in there might be needed later!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 22 of 58

You'd need to upgrade, @BMYur for such speeds. Check the TT sales pages and then research through reviews.

Meanwhile, first things first, wait for @Chris-TalkTalk to follow up. The fault with the phone line may be affecting the current internet speeds. 

If you move to Full Fibre you are into different infrastructure. No need for a phone number at all etc and totally different speed expectations. 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 58

No I did not keep the packaging

0 Likes

Message 24 of 58

There are sometimes 2 in a box. Did you keep the packaging? There might be a spare in there, @BMYur.

Staff will be back after the weekend. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 58

Have you got any old router packages with bits and bobs knocking about? I recall that TalkTalk used to send a couple each time. I am bad at not chucking things away, I stumble across them all the time. Otherwise,  check out any local shop that sells computer related gear, or try an online sales company named after a major South American river. 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 58

Where do I get plugin microfilter? I remember previously I had it but engineer took it it seems

0 Likes

Message 27 of 58

You cannot connect your router cable directly to the test socket, you need to use a plugin microfilter. 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 58

No, I don't have landline telephone and I am not able to borrow it. And about speeds, can I increase them somehow? I want 100 Mbit download/upload speed, not 9

0 Likes

Message 29 of 58

I tried connecting router cable directly at the test socket and it didn't connect

0 Likes

Message 30 of 58

I don't know how to check which of 2 services I have

0 Likes

Message 31 of 58

Sorry it was misinformation about phone cable cut off

0 Likes

Message 32 of 58

Sorry that was misinformation. The issue with phone cable is that I don't have both the phone and the cable

0 Likes

Message 33 of 58

Hi BMYur,

It appears that your have our FTTC service rather than Future Fibre. Line test is passing but is picking up a potential voice fault. Your speeds both up and downstream are within the predicted range for your line.

Do you have a landline telephone or are you able to borrow one so that you can check for dial tone and noise on your line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 58

@BMYur, Talktalk offers Fibre65 both as a Full Fibre (FTTP) service AND the more traditional FTTC service, where the last little bit is copper.

Did you mean earlier in this thread that that has been "cut off"?

If you have FTTP you won't be able to use the traditional master socket to test the service. 

You must know whether you had that installed?

0 Likes

Message 35 of 58

The name of the service I am using is Fibre 65

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 36 of 58

Hi BMYur,

Which service do you have with us, is it our Future Fibre service (FTTP)?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 37 of 58

It would be where you put your phone in if you use it, @BMYur. (For an ordinary FTTC service.)

Probably a good idea if you could reply to @Michelle-TalkTalk's question:

20230720_003150.jpg

I.e.: What do you mean by "the phone cable is cut off "?

0 Likes

Message 38 of 58

DYNAMIC LINE MANAGEMENT,  @BMYur.

Quite a good definition here:

https://www.netcom.co.uk/dlm-dynamic-line-management/

(Scroll down on the page to reach the explanation.)

0 Likes

BMYur
Team Player
Private Message
Message 39 of 58

Also I get an error while trying to test connection speed.

Untitled.png
0 Likes

BMYur
Team Player
Private Message
Message 40 of 58

Also one more question. I have NTE 5C MK 4 socket. It has 2 inputs: broadband and phone. As I understand broadband corresponds to the Internet. Correct me if I am wrong. And what does the phone input correspond to? What is it for?

0 Likes