cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet connection upload speed

BMYur
Team Player
Private Message
Message 58 of 58

I have upload speed of only 9 Mbps, although download speed is 50 Mbps. Why it is so small and how to increase it?

0 Likes
57 REPLIES 57

Message 1 of 58

Your speeds are basically fine for most purposes and it's only the download speed that has a minimum guarantee, @BMYur. As has previously been said, that upload speed is not bad, and it doesn't have a minimum guarantee. 

You are probably best waiting till Talktalk offers an upgrade in your area to FTTP eventually. If you really need it sooner, you need to explore what is available with other ISPs, but don't forget that leaving early would entail termination fees. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 58

Hi

The profile is set correctly and the router will negotiate the best sync speed it can, but this may be the best upstream sync speed that can be achieved on the current package.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 58

On my postcode only Fibre 35 and Fibre 65 is available 😪

0 Likes

Message 4 of 58

In the link I gave you last Friday there's a postcode checker for you to see what is available, @BMYur.

It's this bit of that link:

Screenshot_20230810-190558_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes

Message 5 of 58

That is my connection speed using a micro-filter. So can I use different plan besides Fibre 65 in my home? Is it possible to use Fibre 150 or Fibre 500?

BMYur_0-1691687354466.png

0 Likes

Message 6 of 58

Thanks, I've ordered a micro-filter, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 58

Added

0 Likes

Message 8 of 58

Hi

Can you please add the account holders name to the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' as the details I'm brining up show a different name.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 58

Yes I would like to get a microfilter 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 58

Morning,

Would you like us to send a microfilter so you can try connecting the router directly at the test socket to see how this compares?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 58

Yes - but you'd probably have to upgrade to Full Fibre.

You can check on these pages what the possibilities are, @BMYur, but it can get quite confusing. Several packages have a similar name to each other but are not the same product. 

https://new.talktalk.co.uk/broadband/deals-existing-customer

I'd give it careful thought and take your time. Staff won't be back before Monday now. 

0 Likes

BMYur
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 58

Another quick question. Can I just pay more money for faster and more stable Internet service?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 58

Yes I have only one

0 Likes

Message 14 of 58

Hi BMYur,

How are you getting on? Do you just have the one telephone socket in your home?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 58

@BMYur, once you get fixed up with a microfilter, you will need to leave the router plugged in at the test socket.

For now this is nothing to do with speed tests, but for staff to check your line during the week. 

Just wait for staff to catch up with this during the day. I am re-escalating this thread, as there has been a lot of posting on here since they were last on. Wait for them to respond. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 58

I don't get any test results. Which test results are you talking about?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 58

Ah, so not for everyday use, but once the faceplate is off, it's the only way to check the test socket.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 58

Message 19 of 58

@ferguson, @BMYur previously mentioned that the master socket is NTE 5C MK4.

Screenshot_20230730-082153_Chrome.jpg

I don't think that a microfilter should be needed?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 58

@BMYur 

Have you checked the sync speeds on your router against the test results you are getting?

When I was on FTTC I was typically getting 50+ download and around 14 up. Do you have any apps/programmes loading which may be eating into the headroom there? Otherwise, in all honesty, 10 up is not a bad figure for your current service. 

0 Likes