cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet down for over a Week

Pwhit
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

Please help... My Internet has been down for over a week now... I have logged a fault REP-13949303... But not really getting anywhere ... You sent a new router and still ths same issue.... You are costing me a fortune in time and money having to do a 50 mile round trip every day because I can't work from home... And your online chat isn't open when I get in..... I need you to fix it ... I have done all the trouble shooting... My router goes through the motions then the orange light just stays on

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi Pwhit

I'm glad to hear that the fault has now been resolved.

Apologies again for the issues you experienced with the connection. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know here on the Community and we can take a look for you.

Further information on our compensation policy can be found here  About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

Ok.... Finally my internet is now working..... Faulty fibre ports in the box down the road!  I will however still be taking my business elsewhere when my contract is up.... Along with my mum, sister and brother .... Dealing with you when things go wrong is just way too stressful... And also severely out of pocket due to having to go into the office for almost 2 weeks..... Main thing is it is fixed I guess

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hi Pwhit

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

Hi Pwhit

Thanks for your reply and apologies again for this.

I have arranged the Openreach engineer visit for 16/02 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Yes please if you could do as I am going to have to take half a day off unpaid from work to get this sorted out

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Hi Pwhit

Apologies for this.

I can arrange an engineer visit for you. Friday PM will be between 1pm and 6pm, will this be ok?

Once I've confirmed this then I will check it's available and book the visit.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

I did.... And I have connected it and I still have the same problem.  I spent an extremely frustrating 2 hours on chat to Dorothy on Saturday which could not grasp I had tried all your trouble shooting stuff and had already connected my new router..... So after a week and a new router I still have no internet....... Please I just need someone to fix it!  I need to work from home next week or I don't get paid.. so my patience is wearing really thin now... If you need to send an engineer the only time I am available is Friday afternoon

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Hi Pwhit

I'm really sorry to hear that our Customer Service Team did not make contact with you as promised.

There was a router sent on 06/02, did you not receive this router?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Talk talk customer services never called me!! I don't know if you are sending me a new router or what is happening!  This just St isn't good enough... I need to work from home from Monday next week... If I have no broadband I can't work and will not get paid!!!!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Ok, no problem, just let us know if you need any further assistance from the community team

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

I have your customer service people calling me this afternoon... After the messing about on Saturday you are supposed to be sending me another router .... You can all decide between yourselves what you do ... I just need my internet fixing so I can work without having to drive 50 miles a day

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hi Pwhit,

Apologies for the delay. Could you just confirm that you accept potential engineer charges and we'll book the engineer visit for you

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Pwhit
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 27

Fingers crossed as I will need to organize taking unpaid time off work to get this fixed

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Staff will follow up after the weekend, @Pwhit.

Probably still plenty time ahead of Friday, as they don't book more than a few days ahead.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Is anyone going to come back to me on this please?

0 Likes

Pwhit
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 27

Ok... Can you try and book me an engineer for next Friday afternoon.... If that is not possible then I will just have to leave it for now

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

I will have to see if I can get time off work for this then unpaid...... Every time anything goes wrong with you guys it is such an effort to get anything fixed..... Do I will come back to you and let you know when I can lose half a day's pay to sit at home and wait for someone to come.... Knock on my door then trundle off down the street to mess in a bit box and the light magically appear back on my router.  I say this every time... But once my contract ends I will seek out a new provider.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Hi Pwhit

If the line test is passing with no faults detected then we have no option but to arrange an appointed visit to the property.

In regards to auto compensation, this would not be applied for 3 weeks without service if we are able to book an earlier appointment to fix this fault.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

I will have to get back to you.... I cannot have any time off for the next 3 weeks... I will have to see if I can get someone to wait in for them.... I am sure you will be more than happy charging me for a full months internet even though I can't use it....  Also di I actually need someone in ad my experience when you have had to come out to my mums is that the engineer doesn't even bother coming to the house ... Just messes about in the bt box down the road 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

We can only usually get appointment for weekdays (AM or PM). There is sometimes limited availability at the weekend

if you'd like us to book an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes