cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet dropping off & on throughout the day

CaptainKid1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

I've been with TalkTalk for many, many years with very few issues. I updated to fibre 65 (well over a year ago) and had the box fitted and got a newer Sagemcom 5364 and all has been well.

However recently the modem appears to re-set itself every few hours making both wired and wireless internet stop and then re-start. TalkTalk have tested the line and found no fault and I have changed the channel number to one that no-one near is using (I know that's for the wi-fi side only - but had to try something) so I think that the modem has a problem.

How do I request a new router or is there something else I can try to resolve this irritating issue ? 

Sagemcom 5364
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

That's great news CaptainKid1, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

Message 2 of 18

So far so good, looks like 'case closed'. Thanks for all the help and all sorted in a reasonable amount of time too.

Sagemcom 5364

Message 3 of 18

Morning,

How has your connection been over the last 48hrs?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 18

Good morning,

I'm glad to hear this. We'll check back in with you at the end of the week just to ensure that your connection has remained stable.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Yes thanks, It fitted through the letter box too, which was a bonus.

All plugged in and set up and so far . . . . it hasn't dropped signal, although we will obviously keep an eye on it.

Thank you (all) for your rapid help so far !

Sagemcom 5364
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if the replacement router has arrived?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

OK, I'll order the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

That would be ideal, thanks.

Sagemcom 5364
0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

OK thanks. I think we should try another router, would you like me to send one?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

It's just done it again and all 4 green lights are still on the ONT and the TalkTalk router is on and white but the wired computer is showing this again;

Screen ShotScreen Shot

Sagemcom 5364
0 Likes

Message 11 of 18
0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

They appear to be normal (three on one flickering - all green) however they are not in full view so I need to objectively check them next time it happens . . . 

Sagemcom 5364
0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Thanks, have the lights on the ONT changed?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

I only set this profile up yesterday so yes, it is correct.

I'm having to use next doors Sky wifi as the internet has stopped, again, and so I can confirm the light on the router has remained the same colour.

Couldn't log inCouldn't log in

Sagemcom 5364
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 18

OK  thanks. Could you check the telephone number in your community profile and confirm that it's your current TalkTalk landline number

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

CaptainKid1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

Hi Chris,

We haven't noticed that because the router is upstairs (where the two main computers are hard wired in) and when it drops we aren't always near it. We may be in the kitchen listening to the WiFi Amazon dot and/or watching catch up on the hard wired TV box or streaming on the bedroom WiFi Smart TV when the  internet drops and by the time we'd have got to it, it would have normally re-connected again so I presume the light would be 'normal' again ?

Sagemcom 5364
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi CaptainKid,

Have you noticed if the light changes on the router when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes