cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Kernel Panic Attack.

Garton2019
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I have a TalkTalk Hub DG8041W running V1.05t and recently have been having problems with crashes and the error message that I can see is "Kernel Panic Attack".

Could you please upgrade me to firmware V1.06t

I thought my router had been updated a year or so ago which resolved the problem at the time, but the failures have started re-occuring over the last few weeks. Is there any reason I would have been downgraded ?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi @Garton2019 

That's great, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Debbie - Thanks.

New router received yesterday, up and running. So far so good, no outages.

Old router posted back this morning.

Message 3 of 10

Hi Garton2019

Apologies again. I will feed this back to our Devices Team.

The Sagemcom wifi hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

I have also sent a returns bag for your current router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Debbie, yes please if you could arrange for a new router to be sent.

I can understand why TT would want to rationalise the number of firmware versions it has to maintain, but the only reason I was running V1.06t was because of problems with V1.05t.

So to move me from a good running version to an older known buggy version is questionable. To do it without warning me is just poor customer relations.

Will you want this old router returned ?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Hi Garton2019

Apologies for this.

I will need to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub. Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

There's always the option to buy your own non-TalkTalk router if you want to completely avoid TalkTalk tampering with your settings in any way.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

They will contact you & offer you the 5364. WiFi Optimisation is still used with the 5364 the staff on here are no longer allowed to disable it. I have heard that the algorithm it uses is going to be improved & I recently submitted everything that I think is wrong with it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 8 of 10

Cheers Keith.

Guess it would have been nice to be informed I was going to be downgraded to a buggy version of the firmware.

Does the 5364 still attempt the auto tuning of the channel used ?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

The fix for this used to be firmware V1.06, but this is no longer used. The current policy is to swap the Huawei out for the much better Sagemcom 5364. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and arrange it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes