cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

LOS Solid Red Light on the ONT Hub and No Internet

Julia9CA
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Apologies if this issue and the solution has been reported before, or if I leave out any important details - I am tethered to my mobile phone data to type this as have no other access to internet.  I've been with TalkTalk for a number of years and signed up to a Fibre35 contract in December 2022.

Before today I had a Master Socket 5C with microfilter - over the past few months, download speed tests were on average at 10-11 MBPS and the internet was frequently disconnecting.  I booked an appointment for engineer help.  Engineer was booked for today and a new box arrived via courier yesterday with new cables/hub.

This morning, an OpenReach engineer installed new boxes, new cables, new wires, routed to the street's telephone pole, drilled new hole through wall, etc.  The service worked for a couple of hours and then stopped working.  I reported this on the TalkTalk site early this afternoon. 

The wi-fi hub ONT displays a solid green power light and a solid red LOS light.  The other two lights (PON, LAN) are off.  Unplugged cables, waited, replugged cables, tried this several times, rebooted both laptops, tried an ethernet cable, tried the old hub box, tried to re-connect old hub box back to the old Master Socket 5C with microfilter, visually inspected the wires inside and outside the house and wires looked OK.  No matter what I try to do, there's no internet (although the laptops via the ethernet cable acknowledge that the hub/LAN is there, and the hub asked the laptops for the password).

Is there anything else I can try that might help?  It appears I can't go back to the old Master Socket box, and the new ONT box is not connecting to the internet either.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Julia9CA
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 22

Forgot to mention, new wi fi hub has blinking orange light.  When I tried old wi fi hub, it also had a blinking orange light.  When engineer left this morning, new hub light was solid white, but this only lasted for a couple of hours before blinking orange light started.

0 Likes