cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Line speed

Srooi
Participant
Private Message
Message 34 of 34

Hi There

My line speed to my router has dropped from 37mbps to around 27 mbps in the last 5 weeks, I know we had some power problems that meant my router kept rebooting many times in a 24 hour period, I think this leads to automatic profile changes as the thought is the line is instable, how can I get my profile checked and settings changed as I see no easy way to speak to anyone in the technical team?

Tia

Steve

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 21 of 34

Hi Srooi

Thank you. This socket should have a test socket underneath the face plate.

If you remove the screws on either side then can you gently remove the cover to expose the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 22 of 34

BT Box.jpg

 Pic as required.

Thanks

Message 23 of 34

Hi Srooi

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to post a photo of your master socket on this thread?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 34

Hi Ally

No I was replying through the web portal, maybe timed out, I have added a reply since, very strange and no insult taken, in fact I appreciate your input :0)

S

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 34

@Srooi ,

I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but if you are trying to reply to the email notifications, your replies won't go anywhere or do anything. The emails are simply notifications telling you that someone has posted on a forum topic.

Srooi
Participant
Private Message
Message 26 of 34

Does this have a limit to replies as I have sent two replies but they don't seem to have been sent, I have a phone connected and can hear a tone, phone is a little dodgy though.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 34

Thanks, telephone line test is clear, so just to confirm, if you connect your telephone to the master socket via a micro-filter the line is dead, no dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes

Srooi
Participant
Private Message
Message 28 of 34

Tried hooking a phone up but seems to be dead

0 Likes

Message 29 of 34

OK thanks, sorry no, I can't change your profile. Do you have a telephone that you can test with, to check the line for noise?

Chris

0 Likes

Srooi
Participant
Private Message
Message 30 of 34

Hi Chris

Openreach adsl v10 socket, one phone socket (don't use the phone), can you not just change my profile the line has always been very stable just power issues some weeks ago? The line has always ran at around 37mbps even with the previous supplier which as Sky for a number of years.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 34

How many telephone sockets do you have? Which type of master socket do you have?

0 Likes

Srooi
Participant
Private Message
Message 32 of 34

Hi Chris, not in test socket, I don't have one.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 33 of 34

Hi Steve,

Line test is passing but I can see that the line management system (DLM) moved you to a slower profile. Is your router currently connected to your test socket if you have one? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes