cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Nat keeps changing on xbox series x

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 71 of 71

Hi,for a few weeks now my nat keeps going from open to stricked.i have to reboot the router.

Any help

Paul Langford
0 Likes
70 REPLIES 70

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 71

Hi,has it been done yet.

Paul Langford
0 Likes

Message 22 of 71

Hi langy71

I will let you know as soon as they have made the change to the firmware.

0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 71

Hi,it needs the problem sorting fast.i can't keep rebooting the router to get open Nat type.when we go onto multiplayer games it says your Nat it strict and you may have problems with multiplayer games.

Paul Langford
0 Likes

Message 24 of 71

Hi langy71

Thanks for your reply.

I will ask them to do this now and I will post back to confirm once this has been done.

Please can you keep the router powered up without rebooting.

Debbie

0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 71

Hi,yes ASAP 

Paul Langford
0 Likes

Message 26 of 71

Hi langy71

Our Devices Team would like to try rolling back the firmware on your router for testing, will this be ok?

0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 71

Hi,yes when I went in to live help a few weeks back they said it was on the old firmware.they said they will send the new firmware remotely to it.this is when the problem started to happen with the new firmware installed.when I go on my xbox connection settings on the right hand side it shows strict Nat type.then when I reboot the router it shows open.and when I turn off the xbox and try it again it goes to strict again.this is happening to my sons xbox aswell,it has only started when the new firmware was sent.

Paul Langford
0 Likes

Message 28 of 71

Hi langy71

Did the old sagemcom hub have the new firmware version on it?

The Devices Team have also asked me to ask if this issue is only happening/affecting certain games?

0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 71

Hi,I had to go back the the old sagemcon home hub.due to the new aftermarket one showing slow speeds.the strange thing with it was it not showing Nat problems.

Paul Langford
0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 71

Hi,I have done port forwarding on the router now.and it still says strict nat.i have aslo tried to put it in dmz but when I try it says ip not available.this is getting beyond a joke now.

Paul Langford
0 Likes

Message 31 of 71

Hi langy71

Are you no longer experiencing the NAT issue with the different router connected?

0 Likes

Message 32 of 71

Good morning,

Thanks for the update. I've re-checked the connection stats now and I can see that the sync speed has been gradually increasing. How is your speed at the moment please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 71

Hi,now I have changed my router my connection is slower.it was 76mb(that's what it said on the router page on talktalk.now it's 56mb.can you reset the speed back.

Regards 

Paul Langford
0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 71

Hi,I have connected a different router now and it has open network.can you sync the speed.

Regards 

Paul Langford
0 Likes

Message 35 of 71

Hi langy71

I'm speaking to our Devices Team again.

0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 71

Yes UPnP is enabled,I have tried everything now.this is not good enough.

Paul Langford
0 Likes

Message 37 of 71
0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 71

Hi,I powered down the router and it still says sticked,so I have tried all of the things now.when I restart the xbox it says open,then when I turn it off it goes to stricked.this is the same as my sons console.i am not happy for something that was working and now it is not.

Paul Langford
0 Likes

Message 39 of 71

Hi threefins

That's really useful thank you 🙂

Let me feed this back to our Devices Team.

@langy71 I will keep you updated as soon as I have further information.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 40 of 71

Hi Debbie 

I can confirm that I have made no changes to the router settings, I simply powered down the router (Sagecom FAST) for 30 minutes at your suggestion and that worked. NAT type has remained Open every time I start my Xbox Series X. As for UPnP, it no longer shows status when I check network status on the console. I have never had UPnP enabled because of security concerns and despite this I’ve never had issues on multiplayer (COD) or with game chat. I have however not had the option to join a game party although my online buddies are able to join me. Having ruled out all the Xbox/game settings, I suspect this might have been a casualty of UPnP being disabled. That said, miraculously I am now able to join other party’s online?

Hope this helps.

D😊

0 Likes