cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New Customer with No internet

AAXLRB
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 34 of 34

New customer who has registered with Talktalk for Fibre 150 about 10 days ago. Received the Eero 6 modem about 7 days ago. Received text to confirm that Cityfibre would be sent to property to install fibre. 

Cityfibre has now installed it and tested the installation and informed that fibre is up and running. ONT box has all the lights on.  Connected Eero 6 to the ONT box, blue steady light on when setting up the Eero 6 via app on mobile. When following set up process on the app, an error message pops up saying the Eero 6 can't reach the internet. Engineer from Cityfibre onsite tried troubleshooting and was in contact with TalkTalk technical support and tried troubleshooting for 45 mins.  Was informed by Talktalk, that as the customer we had to contact them. 

When trying to contact customer services we encountered issues as we had no email confirmation that we have registered for fibre with TalkTalk. We have no account number, no order number and no welcome pack and now no Internet. 

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and I'm sorry that it took a while to resolve this for you. I've also included a Help guide on our Auto Compensation Policy too. If there is anything else you need then please let us know.

About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Message 2 of 34

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

I think we’ve finally got there! I’ve now been able to set up the eero 6 and seem to have connection.

Thanks

Message 3 of 34

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on and if you are now able to connect ok?

Thanks

Message 4 of 34

Morning,

I've been advised that this should now be resolved. I've re-checked and the line is now showing in sync. Would you mind retesting please and letting us know if you're now able to connect ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 34

@AAXLRB, you mentioned an email above - if you are responding to any of the notification emails, it won't reach staff. It's a No Reply address. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

Hello,

The escalation team confirmed that they were looking at this yesterday so I've just chased them for an update this morning and asked if they can also provide timescales when this should be resolved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 34

Hi Michelle,

Has there been an update?

Will this be resolved today?

Can someone kindly provide a response to my last email from Friday?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

Morning

I'm sorry for the delay. This has already been escalated but I've passed this to a different team to see if this can be resolved any quicker. I'll post back as soon as the team respond to me.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 34

Staff will be back on here early Monday morning, @AAXLRB.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

Hi,

As the weekend is now approaching and now possibly looking like another week without any internet, can someone at TalkTalk please let me know what exactly is happening?

What is the exact issue here and why is it taking this long to resolve?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

Hi AAXLRB

I'm really sorry for the delays. There are no additional updates as yet but this has been escalated and we are chasing this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

Hi,

Please let me know if there will be further delays ASAP. This has been extremely inconvenient.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 34

Hello,

My colleague has come back to me to advise that he will chase this now so I hopefully should know more soon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 34

Hi,

I'll post back here as soon as I have made contact with them.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 34

Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

Please update me after your conversation with your colleague.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 34

Morning,

I checked this morning and the fault was still in progress. I will speak to my colleague now.

Thanks

Message 17 of 34

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

Can you let me know if this issue will be resolved and I will have internet by CoB today. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 34

Morning,

Apologies for the delay. There is no additional update as yet other than the team are still working to resolve this. I will continue to intermittently check this for updates and will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Message 19 of 34

Morning,

I've asked my colleague now to check for an update and will post back shortly.

Thanks

Message 20 of 34

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk,

Is there any update on the status? 

Kind regards