cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New customer, still no service for Fibre 65, Landline & TV box

JGC35
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Moved into my flat in the last month. Signed up as a new customer with Talk Talk for Fibre 65, landline & tv box (I was a Virgin Media customer at my old address, however they don’t provide service at this property). Was given new phone number, sent equipment and advised all services would be connected remotely on 21 Aug 23, however no connection was made and landline completely dead.

Contacted Talk Talk via online chat and went through all the diagnostics to no avail. Was then put through to the Order Management Team, as it appeared services had not been connected remotely as agreed. Was told by them that Openreach said they could not connect the services because -

“the customer provided instructions different to those provided by the current provider, the installation address was unoccupied or the premises were not ready.”

I’ve no idea what this means (although I know the previous occupier of the flat was connected to Sky), however I was then given another Openreach appointment to connect the services remotely on 31 Aug 23 (ref C22BFB8FR). 31 Aug came and went, no contact from anyone, still no services connected and landline still dead.

Contacted Order Management Team again via online chat and this time I was told Openreach had detected a problem at the local exchange and that was being fixed before I would be connected. Given new Openreach appointment for remote connection on 7 Sept (ref C2A36E8FR).

I’ve now been completely without any broadband or landline since 21 Aug 23 and to make matters worse, Talk Talk have now sent my first bill for services I haven’t even got! I’m assuming I’ll be due automatic compensation for all this delay.

I feel like I’m going round in circles and communication from Talk Talk has been poor.

Other residents of the flats I’m in have no problems with their services, so I don’t understand what the problem is and why I’m still not up and running.

Can anyone from the community, or any of the Talk Talk Support Team offer any explanation as to why it’s proving so difficult to connect my broadband and landline services and whether it’s likely to be resolved by the next connection date of 7 Sept?

Thanks,

JGC35

JGC35
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi JGC35

We dont know why the order rejected, Sorry, it will be a fresh order, not sure about the number allocation the sales team will be able to answer that for you. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Arne,

Thank you for the update and appreciate your help. 
I’ve been on live chat to the ‘Best Value Team’ this morning, who have advised they have escalated the order for full cancellation and I should be able to place the re-order. 
Could you please help with a couple of questions -
-I don’t know why the original order was rejected, so now worried that the same will happen again. Any advice or info on that which you can provide?

-When I re-order, is that just done via the website as a new customer?
- Will I still be able to keep the landline number TT allocated me when I placed the original order?

Thanks, JGC35

JGC35
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi JGC35

Apologies. 

The order is showing as rejected, you will have to contact us again and place the order again. 

Really sorry.  

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Arne,

Logged in to my online account this morning to find a message on the homepage saying my order has been cancelled! 
Could you please help and find out what’s going on now? 
Thanks,

JGC35

JGC35
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

An ASG is us raising a complaint to Openreach to expedite the fault.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thank you for the update Arne.

Sorry, what does ‘ASG’ stand for? 

Last week the Talk Talk Order Management Team booked me an Openreach appointment for remote connection for tomorrow (7 Sept). Does your update mean that won’t now happen?

As you know, I’ve been without a landline or broadband since 21 Aug. Is there anyway Talk Talk can escalate this fault with Openreach to get the fix done ASAP and get me connected? 

Thanks, JGC35

JGC35
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Hi JGC35

This the latest update:

"The order is stuck in amend pending status.   so we have passed this to the ASG team by setting up a ASG bridge case to progress the order.   Next review is due in 48 hours."

Basically its a problem at Openreach's side and we are waiting for them to fix it.

0 Likes

JGC35
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Arne, 

Can you provide an update on this one please?

thanks, JGC35

JGC35
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi JGC35

Sorry that you are having problems.

Let me see what I can find.

0 Likes