cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No WIFI calling for about 10 days, router firmware

MS1083
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Up until about 2 weeks ago I used and relied on wifi calling on my android. But since then it has stopped working, not just my phone but all 3 in the household. They work at my parents house so its' not the phones. Nothing has changed with setup/router location etc.

Live chat technical help is frustrating as all I ever get is that everything looks ok talk talk end so it must be my phones - it's not! One chat mentioned router firmware may need updating and would send it but it made no difference, another chat session said everything is up to date anyway. Done coutless resets/factory resets etc etc on router and phones but make no difference.

Everything else is ok, good wifi signal, good internet speed just no wifi calling at all.

A similar thread on this issue makes me quite sure it must be to do with the firmware on the router - its a FAST 5364-3 T8. Can it be rolled back please? That seems to help with other people.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Just wait for the support team to pick this up tomorrow, they will respond right here.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

That's great - how can I ask for that to be done?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for starting your own topic. Yes, the firmware rollback should fix it. 

0 Likes

MS1083
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Just done that now. Been reading other posts and seems loads ppl had same issue with the same router and firmware version. Mine is

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
version SG4K100202

Seems to make it work if the firmware is rolled back.

If this can be done that would be brilliant - any time is good for me, sooner the better, mobile signal is rubbish so rely on wifi calling.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details, @MS1083, for staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....in Personal Information add your Talktalk phone number or account number. Complete all required details and scroll down to find the button to SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond during the day. Leave your router on all the time

Let them know if there's any time during the day when you absolutely do need the internet - there'll be downtime for about 5 minutes, so they'll avoid rolling back at a time that you are likely to be in the middle of something!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes