cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No wifi after house struck by lightning

Lsimcoates
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Hi, my house got hit by lightning and everything is fine except my WiFi, anyone have any idea what the right number is to call, its pretty urgent as I need WiFi for work and will probably need maintenance 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Morning,

Ok, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Lsimcoates
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 19

Okay, will do, I was chatting on twitter to someone and they did not mention this. I will get back to them.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi Lsimcoates

Thanks for confirming. Only TalkTalk customers who have their service provided on the Openreach network are eligible for auto compensation for Total loss of service fault delays and repair missed appointments. If your service is provided through one of our alternative networks, such as CityFibre, Freedom Fibre  or Community Fibre, we will provide appropriate compensation to such customers on request.

If you contact our Customer Service Team using our Live Chat then the team can take a look at this for you.

0 Likes

Lsimcoates
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

It is a cityfibre connection

Message 5 of 19

Hi Lsimcoates

As the ONT was replaced this would have been raised as a fault so we will have a record of this fault being raised.

If the fault was fixed outside of the 2 working days window (from when the fault was first reported) then auto compensation should be applied.

Just to confirm, do you have an Openreach connection or City Fibre?

0 Likes

Lsimcoates
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 19

Yes I have read this before, but since the line was working and it was my ONT that got fried by the lightning, will the system know the extent of my problems and work this out without me having to do anything? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi Lsimcoates

Apologies the team did not make contact with you as arranged, I will feed this back.

I'm so glad to hear that the fault has been resolved. In regards to auto compensation, further information can be found below:

About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

Lsimcoates
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 19

No, but the ONT was replaced on Saturday morning and came online on Monday morning. So this is resolved now. But just wondering if this will be automatically included on the auto compensation, or do I need to do something to apply for compensation? Since my Internet had complete loss of service for 3 to 4 days .

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi Lsimcoates

Did our Faults Team make contact with you?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Lsimcoates

They will contact you by phone.

Thanks

0 Likes

Lsimcoates
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 19

Thanks a lot, will this be by phone or email?

Message 12 of 19

Hi Lsimcoates

Thank you. I've escalated this straight over to our Faults Team and asked them to make contact with you as soon as possible.

Debbie

0 Likes

Lsimcoates
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 19

The black fiber box on the wall has no lights on and the router is flashing amber indicating no connection

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Lsimcoates

Thank you, I've now located the details.

Are there any lights on the ONT or router?

Just checking to see if it's only the router affected so we can send a replacement router first.

0 Likes

Lsimcoates
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 19

Done this now, it is in my phone number box

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi Lsimcoates

Ok, please can you add your TalkTalk account number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Lsimcoates
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

I dont have a talktalk landline number, just a fibre account 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi Lsimcoates

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes