cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

internet keeps dropping

aneela
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

over last week internet keeps dropping also when i use phone internet drops, and line not clear other person can hear them selves, tried live chat said filter problem put filter in main socket and tried not solved same problem. unable to use internet as just keeps dropping when contact live chat they just go through same thing again timewasting.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Apologies for  the delay. As there have been no further updates I've spoke to an Openreach desk agent. They have escalated this. They've asked us to check back on the 5th.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi Chris,

any update, fault not sorted still waiting for Openreach to come back and do the work.

cant use phone as too much noise on the line and if i use or some one phones internet disconnects, so paying for service that i cant use.....

Regards 

Aneela

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi Aneela,

No further updates yet, still in hand with Openreach. I'm sorry it's taking so long to resolve hopefully we'll have an update soon

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Unless there is complete loss of service, @aneela, automatic compensation doesn't apply:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

You'd need to give Talktalk much longer to sort this too, should you wish to leave during your contract as otherwise early termination fees are applied.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Morning Chris,

Still not hear any thing need this sorted ASAP as internet keeps disconnecting, also wont to know about compensation as not getting service i am paying for.

Regards

Aneela

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi aneela,

Thanks for the update. The engineers notes specify the further work that needs to be carried out but no date is showing as yet. If you don't hear anything further today can you bump the thread tomorrow and I'll check again

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hi Chris<

Bt openreah engineer came out yesterday after checks he said there is break in copper wire outside box in pavement coming to my house, said that's why the internet drops also why phone line not clear geting 55mb at box in pavement which is reduced by 20mb by the time it gets to inside my property.

number of times complained about phone line that other person can hear them selves but just been fobbed of may be problem with my phone, so i have brought new phone but problem still there so i have been receiving an inadequate service for dont know how long.

engineer said he would be back later on but did not come back, he said would do paperwork and some one would have to come back to replace the black copper wire outside.

just want to check if you know when this will happen.

Regards

Aneela

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

I've booked the first appointment available - December 19 2023, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 9 of 22

am or pm which ever one is first

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Thanks, so you are available for any PM appointment, you just want to me to book the first one available?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi Chris,

Yes thats fine PM

Did have engineer come on Wednesday he said open reach engineer needed, then that was done Thursday  open reach did not come to house..

Just need this sorted cant have internet dropping when i use phone.

Aneela

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

OK thanks. Line test is passing now so to investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to your home. If you'd like us to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Morning Chris,

Problem still there, as soon as i pick up the phone broadband and internet light goes of, so internet disconnects.

Aneela

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi Aneela,

How are you getting on, is it still not working this morning?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hi Debbie,

Just received email Our engineer has resolved the service issue,

problem is still there if i pick up phone internet disconnects.

Dont know what they fixed not seen any one no one came to my house not seen anyone working at the exchange.

Problem is not fixed, what to do know??

Aneela

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi aneela

The fault was assigned to a line engineer this morning and we should hopefully have further updates later this afternoon or potentially tomorrow morning.

We will keep monitoring for updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Hi aneela,

You're welcome 🙂 I'll post back here around 12pm with an update.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 18 of 22

Morning Michelle,

Thank you for the reply,

Regards Aneela

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Morning aneela,

Thanks for the update. I can see that the fault has been raised to Openreach to complete an external line investigation. I will check the fault ticket again this afternoon to see if we have received any further updates back from Openreach and will post here with an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

Hi Chris thanks for the reply, had talk talk engineer robert come out today he said a open reach engineer has to be sent as there is a break in the line, network impairment break in copper line, he said to check with talk talk that open reach engineer has been booked. please can you check this.

Regards

Aneela

0 Likes