cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

tv video quality using 4k box

routerscooter
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I have just received a new TalkTalk 4k tv box. When I watch UHD programmes on BBC player the occasionally picture freezes/buffers. It does not seem to occur on programmes that are not UHD. It usually lasts for about 10 seconds and happens about 5 or 6 times during a 1 hour programme. Once I had  an on screen message - 'Something went wrong with playing this programme. This is usually a temporary problem. If it continues try checking your internet connection, or changing the video quality in settings'. It also gives error code 02110. The HDMI resolution is currently set at Full HD Progressive 60Hz 1920 x 1080 p60.

My TV is a SONY BRAVIA which is at least 10 years old. How might I prevent the temporary freezing/buffering?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Thanks for your info. I tried two things and both made a difference. First I changed the video quality from 'best possible' to 'standard' on my tv. That stopped the buffering but the quality really was not as good. Second, I tried my plug-in adaptors linking the router to the tv box (had to change the setting form wifi to ethernet on the tv) and that gives me much better picture without buffering. Thanks again.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

The other channels are most likely lower bandwidth, so this may be why it is only apparent on the UHD ones.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi, I tried the plug adaptors but they are not working. I think this might be because I opted for wifi when I set up the 4k box. Can't continue now... I'll think about it later. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

Always worth a try, but power off the router for a minute or two first and see if that helps.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi, I could try plug adaptors?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

The 4k box is connected via Wifi. I am only getting buffering on BBC player UHD programmes. I have not experienced on other channels so far. My last TalkTalk Huawei box was connected by plug adaptors. I could try those?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi

The error code is usually linked to a network / connection issue.

Is the TV box connected to the router via a cable, or via Wifi ?

Do you notice any buffering issues with any other players or content ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

How are you connecting the TV box to the router, if Wi-Fi, have you tried Ethernet?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes