cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

NordVPN problems

richsdixon
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I'm oddly unable to use the NordVPN add-in on Chrome, nor oddly am I able to access the NordVPN website. I've checked and there's no issue with NordVPN itself. Is anyone able to help? I can see others have experienced this but there's no help been provided. The error I get on the website is:

This site can’t provide a secure connectionnordvpn.com sent an invalid response.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Thanks

Richard

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi Richard,

How are you getting on? You mention Chrome, does it work ok in other browsers?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thus might help as well

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Privacy-warning-this-network-is-blocking-encrypted-DNS-tra... 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi, @richsdixon smart appliances, I always change the ssid and password in the router not the devices😜

Have you tried changing the Dns settings in the router? I've always found the TT servers to be flaky is the polite version. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-3rd-Party-DNS/ta-p/2205279

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Tried the first two at least (the first at the expense of having to reconfigure various smart appliances).

I've not cleared caches - but on my phone, I can get nordvpn.com to work on 4G but it doesn't work when I log into my TalkTalk wifi... so the problem doesn't seem to be browser related....

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi @richsdixon have you tried rebooting the router, a different browser and clearing browser caches? 

0 Likes