cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Not getting minimum speeds

Neetzilla
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I joined Talk Talk on 11/09/2023 with a fiber 250 package (minimum guaranteed speeds of 200)

Since having this package I have never had speeds close or above the minimum guaranteed speed.

I am currently getting speeds of:

You're getting a download speed of 133 Mbps.

An engineer was sent out to test all of my equipment and find the problem. The engineer found that there were no problems at all with any equipment and that the issue was that my house was more than 300 meters away from the box. The engineer told me you will not get the minimum speeds they have promised you because it's not possible this far away from the copper wire box.

I have contacted Talk Talk 3 times about this now and I told them I would either like to cancel because I am not getting what I am paying for, or I'd like to upgrade to Full Fiber if they can offer me a good deal. However I keep being told full fiber isn't available at my address even though I have received 4 letters (2 from Talk Talk) stating full fiber is now available at your address!

Regardless of this, I'm currently paying £43 a month for 133mbs internet that isn't reaching minimum speeds and have had no reassurance or compromise from Talk Talk like a lower charge for example until the full fiber becomes available. They have not even discussed with me prices for Full Fiber which I'm eager to do because if they can't give me a better deal than their competitors I can just simply cancel and move on.

Any advice from anyone? I feel like I'm left in Limbo paying for a product I am not getting and keep being fobbed off every time I ask about Full Fiber at my address when they keep sending me letters saying it's available.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thank you for the reply Arne. I will get it sorted 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

If you wish to cancel because the line is below minimum speeds this will need to be done via the Loyalty team on 03451720088. 

Full fibre is available to you,  but as you are currently on a product called  Gfast,  its not possible to upgrade the line directly without first fully cancelling the service then placing a brand new Full Fibre order. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Message 3 of 5

Good evening thanks for the reply. In my contract it says the following:

You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 276.37 Mbps and 300.00 Mbps with a
minimum guaranteed download speed of 200.00 Mbps and upload speed of 27.91 Mbps

Thanks for the info regarding the staff, I will wait for them to reply in the week 🙂

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@Neetzilla, what is the minimum guaranteed speed with your contract?

Staff will reply during the week, Monday to Friday  - so probably after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.