cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Not receiving Verification Code emails since Wednesday

jackieh2009
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Hi Guys,

Firstly, sorry if I have used the wrong section to post in. Please move if needed.

I hadn’t been on the community for some time, but Tuesday and Wednesday I received the Verification Code emails allowing to post comments on here.

Since Thursday, including this morning, I have not received any requested Verification Code emails. I have tried everything - logging out, shutting down, deleting cookies, checking junk and still nothing!

The only way I can get on to the community is to log on to My Account with my standard password and then get here!

It worries me that all your websites are moving to Six Digit Code log ins. How could I post here, if that were the situation today?

Please can you find out why I am not receiving the necessary emails to my TalkTalk email address anymore?

Thanks and regards,

Jackie

Just A Cheshire Kid In Elegant Heels (2009 pairs in stock) © SD, 2009
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 23

Great stuff @jackieh2009.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

jackieh2009
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 23

Hi Guys,

My problem has resolved itself!

I hadn’t logged into the community for a while but had another issue which needed help. I logged in yesterday and I received a verification code email!

Happy days!

Thanks for all your help as always,

Jackie

Message 3 of 23

Hi jackie,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is this still happening since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

I wish there was a sympathy button on this forum, @jackieh2009, not just likes. 

Technology and digital everything are becoming such a faff these days!

Hopefully staff will get back on the case soon.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

jackieh2009
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 23

Hi Keith and Gliwmaeden2,

Thank you so much for all your help with this.

I am loosing the will to live with this issue at the moment as I finally had a chance to change MyAccount email address and the website wouldn’t let me complete the process saying I either wasn’t on a TT WiFi connection or was using a VPN or work device!

I am on my iPad!

I’ll have to try again another day! Why does everything have to be problematic?

Regards,

Jackie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 23

So on that basis, @jackieh2009 log into MyAccount and click on your initial top right, from there expand Profile & Settings:-

Profile & SettingsProfile & Settings

Then go to My Details & Password. Further down the page click on Login Details & the email address can be changed there.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 7 of 23

@KeithFrench  / @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Would it not need to be the My Account  billing email address that needs to be changed?

When I queried why I wasn't getting PMs any more, I was told that only the billing address was being used, once the accounts had been linked. 

So now I don't get the PMs in either as it's not been sorted.

However, log in pins (and the bill, of course) do come into the billing email address. Similarly notifications about posts being moved now go into my billing email's junk box ....these used to go to my Community email address. 

As far as I can see, there's nowhere in Community settings to add/ change an email address any more. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 23

I would think just the Community Email address Jackie, I can't see that it would make your avatar toast, but back it up just in case as it is rather unique.

To change your Community email address, I can't find out how to do this. @Debbie-TalkTalk do you know how to do this?

Keith

jackieh2009
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 23

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your message.

Do I need to change My TT Account email address? Or my Community email address?

How do I change my Community email address please? Do I use the wizard? Will that delete my lovely old avatar and signature?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Jackie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 23

Hi @jackieh2009 

@StephenF has asked if you could try a different email address for this.

Keith

jackieh2009
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 23

@StephenF @Ady-TalkTalk 

Morning Stephen and Ady,

I haven’t had a reply to my message last Friday.

Please can you help me resolve my logging into the community problem?

Thanks,

Jackie

0 Likes

jackieh2009
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 23

@StephenF @Ady-TalkTalk 

Good Morning Guys,

Thank you for your replies, but where do we go from here please?

The My Account web pages have been updated and it is now more complicated for me to reach the community and when I do I have to find my post as initially my log in is not showing my avatar or messages!

How can we get round this please?

Thanks and regards,

Jackie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi Jackie, no blocks showing for mail into your registered mail address. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

StephenF
Community Manager
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 23

Hey @jackieh2009 

Thanks for the reply, the point about cloudmark was for Chris and Ady to investigate as it's not something i have access to. 

Stephen  

Stephen, Community Manager
0 Likes

jackieh2009
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 23

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your reply. The verification emails are not going into Junk or Bin. 

Stephen, I don’t know what Cloudmark is?

I received the code emails the first two days and then they stopped. I don’t think I completed the linking process for existing community members. I can’t be the only lemon to have failed to link accounts surely?

The only thing I can think of doing is changing My Account email address. Would that create another opportunity to link the accounts?

Regards,

Jackie 🙂

0 Likes

StephenF
Community Manager
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 23

Hey @jackieh2009  

Sorry to hear that. I'm unable to see anything to suggest the verification codes are not being sent, my gut feeling is that your email provide is blocking the emails as spam which is very possible as i seen you're using talktalk.net email. 

Let me do some testing with my own account and circle back. I assume you've checked your spam/junk folders? 

EDIT: it appears I'm currently unable to change my "myaccount" login to a talktalk email so I'm unable to replicate sorry but if you're confident it's not in spam or junk it may be worth @Ady-TalkTalk  checking cloudmark to see if the email from myaccount@myaccount.talktalk.co.uk are being blocked on your mailbox. 

Stephen, Community Manager

Message 17 of 23

Hi Jackie,

I'll chase this up and let you know when I have an update

Chris

Message 18 of 23

Hi Chris,

I can’t log into the community at all now. I put in my email address and it won’t take me to the password or verification page at all, it just refreshes the email log in page.

I have just managed to get here via My Account.

Have you managed to find out how I can link My Account to the community?

If I changed my email address on My Account, would that give me the screen I need to associate My Account with my community account?

I can’t be the only lemon that ignored that first log in linking request, can I?

Any help sorting this out would be greatly appreciated please 🙂

Thanks and regards,

Jackie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Ok Jackie, we'll have to look into it. I'll let you know when I have an update

Chris

Message 20 of 23

Hi Chris,

I had already looked at the above link, but reading it again, I don’t remember being asked or completing the bit where existing community members link their community nickname to My Account.

Is there some way I can do this now please, because it’s the only reason I can think as to why I’m not receiving Verification Code emails anymore?

Thanks and regards,

Jackie

0 Likes