cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Poor wi fi

eddiejm
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

My wi fi over the last few months has started dropping out especially on my iPhone. I thought it might be the phone but I've upgraded  and still have the problem it does show up as a problem when checking connected devices in my Account. My hub was last replaced in 2018. how do I get a new Hub one please.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 18

Hi @eddiejm 

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed in), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so that I can find it easily.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi @eddiejm @KeithFrench 

WIFI optimisation has now been switched off.

Thanks 🙂

Message 3 of 18

Yes please switch it off

Message 4 of 18

HI @eddiejm Would you like me to switch the WIFI optimisation off so Keith can help improve your wireless connection?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 18

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I thought it would be, if the customer is happy with this, please can you disable Wi-Fi optimisation?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 6 of 18
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 18

Hi @eddiejm 

No problem. Which make/model of TalkTalk router do you have now?

Keith

Message 8 of 18

Hi eddiejm

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your  kind offer. I would like to hear how I can improve my wi-fi signal, every little helps

Kind regards

Message 10 of 18

Hi Debbie,

Received the new Hub yesterday and set it up seems to be fine so far.

Thank you for your speedy resolution.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 18

Hi @eddiejm 

If, after you have the new router up & running, you still have Wi-Fi reception issues, let me know. I can help a lot with this type of problem.

Keith

Message 13 of 18
0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Excellent service Thank you Debbie. I will let you know what happens.

Message 15 of 18

Hi eddiejm

Thank you 🙂

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Message 16 of 18

Yes I have just updated them. is my name and talk talk telephone number all that is required?

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

HI eddiejm

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can send you a replacement router. 

Can I just check, are the details in your Community Profile up to date? (please do not post any personal information on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes