cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Port Forwarding issues with 1194

IsaacLycaon
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

I am currently using the Talk Talk Hub with Fiber 65 package. I have been linking the modem/router to another route from LAN (Hub) port to WAN (third party router) port.

I am attempting to forward port 1194 so that I can use a VPN service I have set up. I have tried this by using port triggering and IP4 port mapping on both routers, as well as using DMZ to forward the info to the third party router. none of this seems to have worked when I have tested the port.

Could i confirm that Talk Talk does not block this port, or any others, as well as if there is some kind of bridging option for the hub, or some form of ability to make it modem only?

Thank you and regards,

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

OK, another thing that concerns your routers set up generally. 

The TP link AC1200 has an incorrect IP address. With its WAN port connected to the DG8041W's Lan port, the IP address must be on a different IP network to the DG8041W. With the TT router using the default 192.168.1.0/24 IP network, try something like 192.168.2.0/24 network by setting the TP-Link to 192.168.2.1/24.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Initially removed the TT router from the DMZ, it is totally unnecessary and make sure that you have not altered it's firewall configuration. Remove the rules from your Archer. Then add port forwarding to the TT and to the Archer again, but no port triggering. In the TT leave the WAN name as Auto.

Then get me screenshots of them if it still doesn't work.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

IsaacLycaon
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Router 1: Talk Talk Wifi Hub - EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway

IP: 192.168.1.1

DSL connection for internet to the hub

Wifi Disabled.

Router 2: TP link AC1200

IP: 192.168.1.93

Internet Via WAN port from R1 Lan Port Via Ethernet cable.

The VPN asks for UDP but I have tried both, separate and together, and neither have seemed to work.

DMZ pointing towards TP link RouterDMZ pointing towards TP link RouterTP Link Port TrigTP Link Port TrigTP Link VPN settingsTP Link VPN settings

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Is this port TCP or UDP? Please can you give me some screenshots of the forwarding rule that you have setup in each router? Which WiFi Hub do you have - make/model please? How do the two routers physically connect and what is the IP address of each router?

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith

0 Likes