cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Problems after Fibre 150 + Digital Voice installed today

mk123
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hello

I had Fibre 150 with Digital Voice installed today. While I am getting good speeds to the router, my landline phone (plugged into the digital voice adapter, which is plugged into the eero) isn't working at all - I cannot make or receive calls.

I am also not happy with the new ISP hardware setup. Firstly, the eero delivers very inconsistent speeds and keeps dropping out. Secondly, there are no ethernet ports available for my PC as the only two are both used in connecting the eero to the ONT modem and the digital voice adapter. Thirdly, the digital voice adapter unnecessarily wastes space on my desk - why hasn't the functionality for digital voice been built into either the ONT or the eero? Finally, the new setup somehow requires 4 electrical plug sockets (modem, router, landline phone and digital voice adapter) which is bizarre, feeling like a step backwards in technology, and leaves me with no power sockets for my PC and other devices. Can you please check whether the digital voice service has actually been enabled from your end (and make sure my landline number is retained), and can you please send a Wi-Fi Hub 2 so I don't have to use the digital voice adapter.

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

I can't say why this was not activated at go live. When you posted here, we will usually carry out basic checks to ensure all equipment is functioning correctly before escalation to our FTTP Teams to check that all is set up correctly.

I am glad to hear that this has been resolved and all is working correctly now. 

For any billing adjustment for the loss of service, you can speak with our customer teams directly or make a post in our billing section and we can look at this aspect for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Karl. This was resolved via TalkTalk customer service. It turns out that VoIP hadn't been enabled on TalkTalk's end. This is very frustrating! Can I ask why this didn't happen on the go live date, and why it wasn't even checked when I made the post here? Will I be compensated for the days without landline, and the hours I wasted debugging - resetting the grandstream several times, plugging directly into the modem, trying different routers, trying to get TalkTalk to help - when it simply hadn't been enabled on TalkTalk's end!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi mk123,

All looks ok this end, are you still having issues with the new router ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Just received Hub 2. Plugged in half an hour ago but it's still not solid white - alternates between white and amber. Wi-Fi working but no landline still. Can you please check everything is correctly configured at TalkTalk end? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi mk123

No problem. I've requested that the hub2 is sent, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 10

yes please

Message 7 of 10

Hi mk123

I can request for a hub2 to be sent and if this resolves the issue then we can send a returns bag for the eero and DVA, will this be ok?

Message 8 of 10

Thanks. I had already tried that yesterday and it made no difference. Also, can you please dispatch the Hub 2 in parallel to this issue? The eero is giving me a really poor connection and, as explained, I don't have enough power sockets and ethernet ports spare for all these devices.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

Can you try the following, plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks