FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to Turn Off Wifi Optimisation

ginalgriffin
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi There,

For a few weeks we have been having issue with our internet connection.  I have reached out to Talk Talk twice and even though it has been temporarily sorted, at no time have they mentioned 'WiFi Optimisation. ' I have narrowed down the issue to interference and have been changing both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels but frustratingly, overnight they change back! Please could someone turn off the 'Wifi Optimisation' as has been mentioned in other posts please?  It is ridiculous that I need to join a forum and search for this for it to be done.  If someone could also reset the speed on our line that would also be fantastic.  Up until January 2021 we were consistently getting around 37.2Mbps.  Since 'upgrading' to Fibre 65 in February it has clearly been restricted to 30Mbps! Not much of an upgrade!

I look forward to hearing from someone.

Kind regards,

Gina

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Gina,

Is everything ok with the connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

ginalgriffin
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Many thanks Debbie for your prompt response.

Kind regards,

Gina

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Gina

Thank you 🙂

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off.

Debbie

ginalgriffin
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Many thanks Debbie.  I've now changed my Talk Talk account number to the phone number... not that we use it!  I hope that's correct?

Gina

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Gina

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then switch off the WIFI optimisation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes