cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Retraining My Line

TikiBar
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I've not long had G.Fast Installed. I had some issues with not getting the minimum guaranteed speed, so Openreach have been out and ended up repairing a fault (their side) which has resulted in them replacing a section of my line and making some other improvements.

As this happened during the initial 10 day training/stabilisation period, I'm wondering if the issue may be limiting my speed still, as although I now hit my minimum speed (just!) the Openreach engineer said he would have expected a much more noted increase.

As the properties of my line have changed (Fault removed, aluminium section replaced with copper, large amount of interference/noise removed) is it possible to request the line be retrained? or would it not make any difference?

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

The profile is set correctly to allow the line to achieve what speeds it can, so the line is performing as it should and the speeds may not increase further.

You can try powering off for 30 minutes to see if the router will sync at a higher speed, but this can't be guaranteed.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

You're doing better than my Full Fibre line at 150, don't be greedy!  😉

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

It is, but only just! 

TikiBar_0-1693259155718.png

For reference Monday was when they started work and it was fully completed on Wednesday. Thursday was the first time I got over the minimum, but it's been fluttering over and under. Hopefully @Karl-TalkTalk  or someone else from support can pick this up.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

They can, but only if your speed is below the guaranteed minimum. Let's see what the support team have to say when they pick this up. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the reply @ferguson 

There is something that makes me think that hasn't happened as it should;

When the fault was reported, Openreach ran some tests, and when I checked the speed ranges for my line again using the BT Broadband Wholesale checker, they were significantly reduced from what they were previously. The Engineer did say that would likely have been a result of the tests he had run. As all of the repair work then was completed away from my property, I didn't get another chance to speak to the Engineer when the work was completed. But the Wholesale checker is displaying the same figures as when he'd tested the line with the fault.

I'm guessing TalkTalk could request that Openreach refresh the DLM on my line?

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

The Openreach engineer should have reset your line to the fastest possible speed after their repair process, DLM is entirely in their control. If you are getting the minimum guaranteed speed then there is little else that can be done I fear. 

0 Likes