cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router channels keeps changing due to auto optimisation

Welshy_Pete
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

Hello when I was last on normal speed broadband I had the auto optimisation switched of due to the channels and slow speeds. This was fixed but now I've moved over to full fibre the auto optimisation back on and the channels are putting me on very very slow speeds now. It's effecting everything even connections now been going on several months now. The full fibre should be faster not slower.

I'm on full fibre now with 2.4ghz and 5g. So can I please request the auto optimisation to be switched off for my router so I can manually choose and select a good pair of channels my self?

Many thanks

Peter

23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

Hello Debbie the phone number we don't have phone just broadband. It's been that long 4 years since we checked the phone number as we don't use it no phone connected.

So is there a way to find out the number?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 22 of 24

Hi @Welshy_Pete 

Can I just check, have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile as I'm unable to locate any details? (please do not post the number on this thread, please only add this to your Community Profile)

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 24

Currently, the TalkTalk staff on here are not allowed to disable WiFi optimisation. You must first try rebooting the router. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and advise you of the way forward.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?