cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router drop outs

natalie-1
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

I have Fibre 65 (and the router that comes with it). For a while now my router has not shown the white light on the front however the majority of the time it has not affected the performance apart from the very occasional need to reboot (the red light does come on when first switched on, just white light not working once it is fully up and running).

However this last couple of weeks it had been occasionally a bit temperamental (but bearable) until this evening I had to reboot twice in quick succession before it would let me have internet. This is both WiFi and wired connections dropping out, phone/laptop (WiFi) and TV (wired) all lost connection at the same time.

Nothing has changed in my set up.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Morning natalie,

Thank you for the update and please let us know if the drops in connection returns.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi yes, I plugged back into the normal socket the other day. It was on the go slow for a short while the other morning whilst trying to work from home then sorted itself out. and I had it drop out for a minute whilst still on the test socket during a Teams call last Friday. Other than those 2 moments it has been OK.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi natalie-1

Has everything been working ok since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi natalie-1

Thank you. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Ok

Message 6 of 14

Hi natalie-1

Thanks for your reply.

If the connection has remained stable with the router at the test socket then this would indicate a potential issue with the face plate or internal wiring.

Would it be ok to keep the router connected at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Michelle,

Granted I have not been home last couple of days it has seemed to be fine in the evenings plugged into the test socket.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Morning natalie,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to keep the router connected to the test socket for 48hrs just to see how the stability compares in this set up?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Sorry I didn't want to do this whilst I was working. It is now plugged into test socket and seems to be working.

Connection has been stable today by the way. Problem is intermittent, it will be really well behaved for a while and then other times like last night it will be moody.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hello,

Thanks for the update. This socket should have a test socket behind the lower half of the faceplate. Would it be possible to gently remove the lower faceplate (there may be wires connected behind so we advise doing this carefully) and connect the microfilter, router and phone directly at the test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Yes voice service all clear, router is plugged into the main socket. I don't know if it contains a test socket, part of the face plate looks like it unscrews with a screwdriver so I maybe.

20231106_093217.jpeg

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a line test which is clear, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does your main socket also have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes