FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagecom wifi hub slow

D4LL4S
Whizz Kid
Message 30 of 30

14.4Mbps vs 20.5Mbps.

TalkTalk sent me a new Sagecom Wifi hub some weeks ago, but I cannot use it because my speed drops to 14Mbps when using the new Sagecom.

When I reconnect my old D-Link router my speed shoots back up to 20.5Mbps.

Have I got a faulty Sagecom router.

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Hi

I'm showing a fault has been logged to openreach earlier today.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

Two speed tests 10 minutes apart using the new Huawei router.

Download 13.5Mbps - Upload 1.7Mbps - 37ms. 

Download 21.8Mbps - Upload 1.9Mbps - 37ms.

Webpages are taking forever to load, this is on all devices.

The fault we had with the exchange on 24th November is obviously still present, please escalate the fault again to an engineer ASAP. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

@KeithFrench  You're right, I do not want your help.

Please do not post on any of my threads.

Thank you. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 30

I haven't replied to this for a while, because it didn't seem that the OP wanted my help as he didn't reply to my questions. However, as this only affects wireless connections, I will offer my help again. I had thought that this was purely a sync speed issue, but I see that Chris has been asking about Ethernet connections. I don't know if this will be of help or not, but the offer is here, take it or leave it.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference (not electrical interference) from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results, so as I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 5 of 30

OK thanks. Could you run a couple of speed test at least 10 minutes apart on the My Account speed checker and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

No, the Router is right next to the BT master socket at the window, its connected directly, no other leads or plugs. The engineer we had out to our home can confirm this, he even mentioned it's one of the cleanest setups he has seen. The problem the engineer found was at the exchange, this was on the 24th November, the fault was meant to be fixed, but it's obvious we still have a problem.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

OK thanks. Is the router situated close to other electrical or wireless devices that could be causing interference? Does it connect to a multi-socket electrical extension lead shared with other devices

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

No sorry I'm not able to connect a device via Ethernet.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

Are you able to connect a device by Ethernet cable to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

All devices are wireless.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

OK, are both wired and wireless devices affected?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

Router has been off for 45 minutes, but still no different, web pages are taking forever to load, something is still wrong. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Hi D4LL4S,

If you've just swapped the two routers over it might be worth switching the Huawei off for 30 minutes then switch back on and test again

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

Hi, the new Huawei router has arrived, thank you.

Straight out of the box our speed has increased from 14Mbps to 23Mbps, but the Ping is higher and web pages are taking awhile to load, plus we are getting a lot of buffering when streaming TV.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

I've ordered the Huawei, you should receive it within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Ok Chris, send me the Huawei router for testing, thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

The Huawei hub is very similar to the Sagemcom, looks vertually the same and has similar performance but may work better on your line than the Sagemcom

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

What model is the Huawei router?  

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

OK thanks. Different makes and models of router router/modem can sync at different speeds but this is quite a difference. I can send another Sagemcom to test with just in case your current router has a fault. Alternatively we could try the Huawei router which is very similar to the Sagemcom but may sync at a faster speed

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 30

Using cables and micro filter that came with the Sagecom router, it's connected directly at the master socket, no plugs or extensions.

So why is the Sagecom wifi hub slower that my old TalkTalk D-Link router, this means I cannot take advantage of the new wifi hub, plus the new Sagecom router is giving me speeds that are below my guaranteed 15.4Mbps. 

0 Likes