cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Slow speeds

jayjayparis
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi, I have been with talktalk fibre 65  for many years and noticed my broadband struggling a bit with streaming/ downloading etc. In the past I could get 60mbps download but only seem to be getting around 30mbps? Also I have noticed you have my guaranteed speed at  26mbps  which seems to be a lot lower than it use to be? My Neighbour can get 60mbps with Talktalk 65 so I know it's possible in my area. I have just renewed my contract for another 24 months but thinking of changing my mind, do I still get a 2 week's calling off period? Kind Regards

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning jay,

I've included our Help Guide below which has more information on when possible engineer charges would apply.

Engineer charges - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi, 

Thanks for your help.

Would there be a charge for the engineer visit?

Kind Regards 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi jayjayparis

This can depend on a number of factors including on how the line is routed to the property.

I can arrange an Openreach engineer visit to take a look however I can't guarantee if the engineer will be able to increase/improve the speed.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

How have I managed to lose around half of my speed In a couple of years?  (see post from 2020). Also how is my friend, next door neighbour able to get 60mbps as a new customer? It doesn't make sense, could you please explain? Kind Regards

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Hi jayjayparis

Thanks for confirming your details.

The predicted speed range for your line is showing between 32 and 29mb, with a minimum guaranteed speed of 26.1mb.

Your current sync speed of 35mb is above the minimum speed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi,

Details confirmed.

Message 7 of 9

Hi jayjayparis

I'm sorry to hear this.

Your line is showing in sync at 35mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

If you log into your router, what speeds does this display (in the current WiFi hubs, this is in the initial dashboard area)?

Assuming these are speed test results, is this over wired or wireless connections to the router? If you have both connection types, how do they compare?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?