cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Speed Disappeared Last Night

seajays
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

My normal download speed is about 22Mbps.  At 1.40am the modem rebooted and reconnected at just 4Mbps.  When I saw that this morning, I rebooted it, but it just reconnects now at 13MBps (which is lower than my speed guarantee).

I tried the self test utility etc., and it says there is a fault but doesn't say what to do next?  I've tried two different modems just in case and both connect at the same speed.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hello,

Ok thanks. If there is no change by tomorrow then we can arrange an engineer visit to the property for you. I'll check in again with you in the morning.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 2 of 9

My normal router is a Zyxel which is what was connected this morning when it failed to sync at a good speed.

I have currently replaced it with the talk talk modem with it's own cables and microfilter directly in the test socket (so there is nothing else connected to the line), but as said, it has synced at the same rate.

I will try switching it off for half an hour first and then reconnect and see what it's like tomorrow.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Is the replacement router connected at the moment? Did you also replace the cables and microfilter? Do you have any other equipment connected to the line? Would it be possible to keep the router connected to the test socket for at least 24hrs so we can see if DLM increases the speed again? If the speed doesn't increase then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

seajays
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

Yes, I already tried a different router and it connected at the same slower speed.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hello,

The line test is still clear. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with to rule this out? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi,

Ok, I'll re-run the line test at the test socket now and I will post back here shortly.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thanks - there is no obvious noise on the telephone line.

I've just removed the master socket faceplate and connected directly to the test socket behind, however it has synced at the same 13Mbps rate.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped and there are also some re-connections on the line. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket also have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes