FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Talk Router orange light flashing constantly.....replaced router now works, but with low speed

dc981
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

Hi all.

We have an issue (again) with our TT ADSL Fibre service.  A few days ago our speed dropped to around 6mbs (should be around 30mbs) and then 2 days ago the Talk Talk router started flashing orange....even numerous restarts (from 1 minute to 1 hour reboots) did not rectify the issue??  I just bought a NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 and plugged it in.  It works....but the speed is still low.  Anyone help....want to avoid TT help desk where possible (for blood pressure and sanity reasons). Can't understand why the TT router couldn't even connect?  Cheers.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. How are you getting on? Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @dc981 glad you are back up and running.  have you tried a 30 minute router reboot this often improves things

The TT router was probably, politely, tired. Had you asked through the community tt would most likely of supplied you with a replacement, (don't forget the to hold onto the TT router). 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.