cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TalkTalk Sagemcom Hub - WiFi Issues

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

Hi TalkTalk,

Hopefully you can help...

In March 2024 I updated my iPhone XR to an iPhone 15, since then my new iPhone keeps intermittently reporting "no internet connection" despite a full WiFi signal. A reboot of the router or the handset resolves the issue until it occurs again. All other devices connected via Wi-Fi continue to function as normal.

This is at both my own and my mums house that have the same model Sagemcom WiFi Hub.

At both locations with the Sagemcom WiFi Hub my car (Volvo AAOS) will not connect to the WiFi despite a strong signal.

My brother also has TalkTalk Internet but with Amazon Eero, my car connects fine there, and my iPhone's WiFi functions as expected, no intermittent reporting of "no internet connection".

Aside from buying an OpenReach VDSL2 modem and a set of Amazon Eero, are there any other options available to me?

iPhone is on IOS 17.5.1 but this issue existed with previous iOS versions since brought in March 2024. I've also disabled "Private WiFi Address" within iOS at locations with the Sagemcom router in case it was upsetting things. 

Volvo AAOS has recently had a big update from AAOS 11 to AAOS 12 and the issue persists.

Both Sagemcom Routers are on the latest version of Firmware.

Can you suggest a "next move" please?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Thanks @AldridgeAndy 

I've passed this over to our Devices Team now and chased them for an update too.

Debbie

0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 24

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk,

Just to add to this thread, as "belt and braces" I have raised this issue with Apple Support and they have ran diagnostics and basically said "no fault found". I have given the exact wording in the private message.

I have now "reset network settings" on my iPhone around three times in the past couple of months. The only two WiFi Networks now stored in my phone are my own home and my mums home. Both were added manually over the weekend.

Many thanks, Andy. 

0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 24

@Debbie-TalkTalk , sure I'll send across the serial numbers shortly.

Many thanks.

Message 5 of 24

@AldridgeAndy 

Could you send me a Private Message with the serial numbers from both routers please? Our Devices Team want to take a look at this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 24

No problem @Debbie-TalkTalk - I can now hang both 5364 & 5464 off the back of my network!

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 7 of 24

Thanks @KeithFrench 

I sure can. I will pass this over to our Devices Team now. Thanks for your help.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 24

There is no need for changes on the hubs Debbie. This may just be related to @AldridgeAndy's phone. 

It affects two 5364s in different properties, but is OK with another relation with TalkTalk & has eeros.

Perhaps @Debbie-TalkTalk you could pass this to the Devices team to see if they can replicate the issue with a similar iPhone.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 9 of 24

Hi @AldridgeAndy 

Thanks for your reply.

Is the issue still happening after these changes?

0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 24

@Debbie-TalkTalk and @KeithFrench 

Just to confirm that I've already tried the "reset network settings" and disabling "private WiFi address" as per the advice on the Apple Forums.

Many thanks to both of you for your help.

Message 11 of 24
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 24

Hi @AldridgeAndy 

Just for completeness & no surprise, neither the 5364 nor the 5464 support 160MHz channel bandwidth.

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 24

Hi @AldridgeAndy 

I have just checked & the 5364 does not support 160MHz bandwidth so I doubt if option 1 above is the problem.

Keith

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 24

HI @AldridgeAndy 

Looking through the logs further to my PMs yesterday, during the periods of no internet that affects your iPhone, it made no attempts to connect at all & therefore no connection attempt was refused. However, that is in line with what you said about the phone not detecting the SSID during these times as well.

Strangely, it affects your property & your Mum's both of which have the 5364, but OK at your brother's who is also with TalkTalk & has eeros.

However, I may have found two possible solutions I found in the Apple Support Community:-

1. The iPhone seems not to like 160MHz bandwidth on the 5GHz band. Without powering one up to see, I can't remember what the bandwidth options are, but try limiting it to 80MHz.
  2. One person said: Went to Apple store and talked with one of the experienced techs. He said the issue is the iPhone when you import from an old iPhone imports non-ideal network settings, not just your old iPhone passwords. Fix is below.

Network -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset Network Settings

Wifi has been working like a charm since I did this. Read about this for hours and never saw this suggested anywhere else so figured I'd contribute.

This is the full article:-

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255148144?sortBy=best 

Try these & let me know

Keith

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 24

Hi @KeithFrench 

At my house I have the Fast266 WiFi Booster, but experience the same issues at both houses.

When working from my own home, my work laptop has no issue that I'm aware of with connectivity neither does my Alexa streaming Radio2 quietly in the background. Yet my new iPhone behaves as it does. My brother brought a new iPhone at exactly the same time as me, and experiences the same issue at my house and my mums.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 24

Hi @AldridgeAndy 

At your house please can you confirm, do you actually have the Sagemcom FAST266 WiFi Booster or the TalkTalk WiFi extender (rebadged D-Link)? if it is the 266, then no they share the log on the router. I'll have a look at the PM now.

Keith

0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 24

Just for clarity and hopefully it worked, Private Message containing my Mum's router logs at the times the issue occurred today has been sent. At my Mum's house where I'll be working from this week there is no WiFi extender.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

@Debbie-TalkTalk  Many thanks

@KeithFrench The Volvo running AAOS can't even see or won't display the SSID for some reason for both locations. When I previously had a Ford car, that connected without issue in both locations and as an incredibly rough guide, my mobile has a decent WiFi signal on both driveways too. Yet at my home the Volvo can see my neighbours "Shell Wi-Fi" without fail every time.

Just for my own understanding, does the router log also contain data for the mesh extender or are there two separate locations?

I'm not at home much at the moment, but as soon as the issue raises it's head at home with my iPhone I'll note the time and get a copy of the routers log and send over.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Thanks @KeithFrench 

@AldridgeAndy  - KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 24

Hi @AldridgeAndy 

The only issue I can think of initially concerns if the phone or car connects via the WiFi extender. That is because there is a bug that has not been fixed where WiFi throughput often goes down to nothing, whilst the Ethernet port on the extender still works fine.

Please can you PM me (to preserve your privacy) the system log from the router & the extender for the time period of a connection attempt, along with the MAC addresses of each device?

Thanks.

Keith