cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TalkTalk Sagemcom Hub - WiFi Issues

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 92 of 92

Hi TalkTalk,

Hopefully you can help...

In March 2024 I updated my iPhone XR to an iPhone 15, since then my new iPhone keeps intermittently reporting "no internet connection" despite a full WiFi signal. A reboot of the router or the handset resolves the issue until it occurs again. All other devices connected via Wi-Fi continue to function as normal.

This is at both my own and my mums house that have the same model Sagemcom WiFi Hub.

At both locations with the Sagemcom WiFi Hub my car (Volvo AAOS) will not connect to the WiFi despite a strong signal.

My brother also has TalkTalk Internet but with Amazon Eero, my car connects fine there, and my iPhone's WiFi functions as expected, no intermittent reporting of "no internet connection".

Aside from buying an OpenReach VDSL2 modem and a set of Amazon Eero, are there any other options available to me?

iPhone is on IOS 17.5.1 but this issue existed with previous iOS versions since brought in March 2024. I've also disabled "Private WiFi Address" within iOS at locations with the Sagemcom router in case it was upsetting things. 

Volvo AAOS has recently had a big update from AAOS 11 to AAOS 12 and the issue persists.

Both Sagemcom Routers are on the latest version of Firmware.

Can you suggest a "next move" please?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 92

Guys, I seem to remember now you mentioned this, that iPhones can be very fussy over channel bandwidth. However, that was from a long time ago.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 42 of 92

2.4GHZ - 20MHZ 

5GHZ - 80MHZ 

DMHALL
0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 92

@Deanosafc24  Out of curiosity do you remember the static bandwidth settings for 2.4 and 5ghz? 

I’m curious what your router was set too. 

I’ve adjusted two routers so far with apparent success and I’ve got a third one to do tonight or tomorrow. 

Will be interesting to see if optimisation undoes this possible fix, and also why the default setting from TalkTalk  isn’t “auto”, is there a reason such as a firmware bug? 

0 Likes

Message 44 of 92

I’ve changed my bandwidth to Auto and it seems to be working upto now. 

wonder if we’ve cracked the PROBLEM 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

DMHALL
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 92

Hi @AldridgeAndy 

Yes, WiFi optimisation can change the channel bandwidth, but if it is correct now (20MHz for 2.4GHz and 80MHz for 5GHz) it does tend to leave it alone. The extender should follow the router's configuration, but there are times when if the router is set to 20MHz the 266 will use 40MHz. I reported this bug some while ago now, it does not affect the 5GHz, which is OK.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 92

Hi @KeithFrench, my understanding is that it's not the actual broadcast channel, but the bandwidth allocated to the device(s) on that broadcast channel.

Does Wi-Fi optimisation adjust the "bandwidth" as well as the channel frequency? I was hoping it was just the broadcast channel frequency.

Any ideas if you can adjust the same on the Mesh extender?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 92

Alas, @AldridgeAndy WiFi optimisation can & will override all channel allocations that you have just set. If only we could get it disabled.....

Keith

0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 92

Just a suggestion for anyone following this, I'll hopefully know more by Monday...

When checking the bandwidth available to the 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels on both routers I have access to they had different static values set, possibly from earlier investigations to this issue between the Sagemcom Router and iPhones.

I've changed the bandwidth setting to "Auto" for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels and also turned off WPS for both too.

This seems to have improved iPhone WiFi stability at my home address which also has the Fast 266 mesh repeater.

I carried out the same change at my mums address yesterday afternoon and when I return later today, I'll see if iPhone stability has improved there too. 

After making the changes you need to restart your phone or leave the house and come back later and the new connection seems more stable on first impression. I not saying it's perfect, but it's improved.

One for the TalkTalk staff, having made the changes at my Mum's house my car can now connect to the Sagemcom there for the first time since I've took delivery. At my house I have the Fast 266 mesh repeater, does disabling WPS and applying "Auto channel bandwidth" on the router also copy through to the extender or does the extender have it's own settings that I can't access? It would be great if I could replicate the same settings to the extender so I can allow my car to connect to my own home's WiFi.

0 Likes

Message 49 of 92

Hi Andy

I'll email the Team to see why they have not made contact with you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 50 of 92

Hope so, I may have to change to another ISP shortly 

DMHALL
0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 92

@Deanosafc24  No it hasn’t and it’s becoming increasingly frustrating. 

Let’s hope that Sagemcom or TalkTalk bring an agreeable solution to the table shortly. 

0 Likes

Deanosafc24
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 52 of 92

This problem still has not been resolved 😡

DMHALL
0 Likes

Message 53 of 92

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 54 of 92

Many thanks Karl, will feed back as soon as I have anything to share. 

0 Likes

Message 55 of 92

Hi

OK, I've requested a Hub is sent.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 56 of 92

Great, number should be in private notes already, it’s the 0121 number … I’ll go and double check and add if needed. 

0 Likes

Message 57 of 92

Hi

sorry, this was in response to your pm to Debbie... who is off today.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 58 of 92

@Karl-TalkTalk  Who was this message aimed at ? 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 59 of 92

Hi

We could try - can you add here phone number to the private notes section of your 'Community Profile

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 60 of 92

Hi Andy,

Thanks for confirming. I believe that the team are still investigating and trying different things to try and get to the bottom of this. 

Michelle

0 Likes