cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TalkTalk Sagemcom Hub - WiFi Issues

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

Hi TalkTalk,

Hopefully you can help...

In March 2024 I updated my iPhone XR to an iPhone 15, since then my new iPhone keeps intermittently reporting "no internet connection" despite a full WiFi signal. A reboot of the router or the handset resolves the issue until it occurs again. All other devices connected via Wi-Fi continue to function as normal.

This is at both my own and my mums house that have the same model Sagemcom WiFi Hub.

At both locations with the Sagemcom WiFi Hub my car (Volvo AAOS) will not connect to the WiFi despite a strong signal.

My brother also has TalkTalk Internet but with Amazon Eero, my car connects fine there, and my iPhone's WiFi functions as expected, no intermittent reporting of "no internet connection".

Aside from buying an OpenReach VDSL2 modem and a set of Amazon Eero, are there any other options available to me?

iPhone is on IOS 17.5.1 but this issue existed with previous iOS versions since brought in March 2024. I've also disabled "Private WiFi Address" within iOS at locations with the Sagemcom router in case it was upsetting things. 

Volvo AAOS has recently had a big update from AAOS 11 to AAOS 12 and the issue persists.

Both Sagemcom Routers are on the latest version of Firmware.

Can you suggest a "next move" please?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

Hi @AldridgeAndy 

Thanks for confirming.

@KeithFrench have you come across this issue affecting the iPhone?

Message 22 of 24

Hi Debbie,

Yes,  Sagemcom WiFi Hubs are connected and stable as far as VDSL is concerned, that side is absolutely rock solid.

At my house I have a Sagemcom WiFi Hub and also the Sagemcom/TalkTalk Mesh WiFi Extender.

At my mums house where I am working from at the moment it's just the Sagemcom WiFi Hub.

Neither location has any third party equipment connected, and I am not aware that TalkTalk allows "bridge mode" not that I have any equipment to make use of that functionality.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

Hi AldridgeAndy

Can I just check, do you have the Sagemcom WIFI hub connected at the master socket at the moment? Do you have any other routers set up in bridge mode etc?

0 Likes