FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fiber 35 - poor service and no camera code

Freeride-hammy
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Having been "upgraded" to Fiber 35 on 13/04/2021 I've found the service to be slower than the old non-fiber broadband I had before. I now can't watch Now TV and can't listen to the radio on my alexa without it dropping out or turning off. To add insult to injury I've still not received the code for my Ring indoor camera that I requested on 15/04/2021. 

If I'm not getting the service I should be (without having to pay for a new router) and haven't received the code for the camera (as was part of my contract) can I cancel my package and go elsewhere? 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take another look now. I've re-run the line test which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, how does the speed compare if you run a wired speed test?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Well that didn't last long. Been busy out the house the last few days so haven't been using the Internet much but decided to sit down and watch a movie on now TV tonight. Constant buffering and a mega 1.0 Mbps download speed (when I was able to do a speed check without it crashing). 

Screenshot_20210619-224353_Chrome.jpg

20210619_224413.jpg

Screenshot_20210619-231009_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how the connection/speeds compare over the next few days 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi Debbie.

The new router arrived today and I have just got it all connected. The first speed test was 21 Mbps on WiFi (not had a chance to check it wired yet) and I'm now watching TV through the WiFi with no problem at all. 

Thanks again for your help.

Brian.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19
0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi Debbie,

That's great, thanks for your help. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks, Brian.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi Brian

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Morning Michelle,

I don't have another router so if one could be sent to me to test that would be great. I also remembered this morning that when I was upgraded to fiber my Internet worked fine but my phone line went off. After the BT engineer came back out to check it he discovered that my line had been mixed up with another property further up the road and their calls were coming to me. Is it possible their broadband line has been upgraded instead of mine? I would have thought all the wires in the box would have been upgraded at the same time but maybe not.

Thanks, Brian.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Morning,

Thanks for the update. The wired speed tests also look low based upon the current sync speed. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out. I can see that OCE_Arne is looking into your other topic in regards to the code.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Debbie,

Sorry for the delay in running the required tests. I ran a speed test using WiFi on my laptop tonight and had a download speed of 2.3Mbps then the upload speed test started and then the Internet fell over (it was at 0.3Mbps at the time). I then connected the ethernet cable and ran the test again. This time the download speed was 6.6Mbps and the upload speed was 0.9Mbps at the point the Internet service dropped out again and stopped the test.

I also tried to run some speed tests on Saturday night but the service was so poor I wasn't even able to get the talk talk page to load up on my phone as per the screenshots below.

Saturday nights are pretty rubbish when you can't watch the Now TV or Netfilix you are paying for or can't listen to the Spotify you are paying for because the upgraded Internet you are also paying for keeps dropping out. I hope you can help because I'm at my wits end. 

Thanks, Brian.

p.s. I've still not had the code to get my free Ring indoor camera.

Screenshot_20210605-232006_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210605-231317_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Freeride-hammy

Please can you connect the ethernet cable to a laptop (or any device that connects wired) and then run a speed test?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi Michelle, how do I do that? Last night I checked a few things and did actually manage to watch TV through the Internet without it buffering. I still only seem to be getting between 8 and 14 Mbps when I'm doing the speed check.

I've also been through several months worth of deleted emails and have no code to get my Ring indoor camera.

Thanks, Brian.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would it be possible to run a few wired speed tests using the TalkTalk Speed Tester so we can see how your speeds compare in relation to the sync speed please? When the buffering occurs are you connected wired or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi,

I'm not sure what speeds I was getting before the upgrade as I never had a problem with it so never checked. It was fast enough to watch now TV without any buffering and now sometimes I can't even launch the app.

The socket at the wall goes into a micro filter then into the router. It hasn't changed since I moved over to talk talk several years ago. 

I've checked all my email folders and haven't received any codes for the camera.

Thanks, Brian.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, what speeds were you seeing prior to this? Does your main socket have a test socket?

In regards to the code, have you checked your spam/junk emails?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi Debbie, details updated now.

Unfortunately I can't get any router details etc at the moment as I'm not at home. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 19

Hi Freeride-hammy

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

I can probably help with your speed issues, but I would need a little bit more information:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. If you log on to this router, what speeds does it say you are getting there, in the current Wi-Fi hubs this is in the initial dashboard area?

3. What was the minimum download speed quoted by TalkTalk?
4. If you have any wired connections, are they as slow as the wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?