cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

WAN DHCP Client Stopped issue

baskarrg
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 41

My internet keeps on getting disconnected for the past one week. I have called the support and they have raised a case. The issue still continues to arise. It's happening very frequently as mentioned in the log below.  I have restarted it several times, reset it multiple times, changed the power cable to a different socket. They sent me a new router which has obviously not solved the issue . I am exhausted from calling the call center or starting a chat because the question asked are basic.

Any suggestion's on how to get this fixed would be very helpful. 

23.12.2023 20:29:09 Warning DHCPC WAN DHCP client (1) stopped
23.12.2023 19:55:22 Warning DHCPC WAN DHCP client (1) stopped
23.12.2023 19:46:13 Warning DHCPC WAN DHCP client (1) stopped

23.12.2023 19:43:18 Warning DHCPC WAN DHCP client (1) stopped

23.12.2023 19:37:46 Warning DHCPC WAN DHCP client (1) stopped

23.12.2023 19:28:15 Warning DHCPC WAN DHCP client (1) stopped

baskarrg
0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

baskarrg
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 41

Hello,

I haven't had any disconnections for the past 48 hours. Hopefully it stays the same. 

baskarrg

Message 22 of 41

Hi baskarrg

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 41

Hi baskarrg

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

baskarrg
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 41

Hello Debbie,

I have had a couple of disconnections overnight, so I don't think the issue is resolved. Also, I have an engineer appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Hopefully, that will provide a permanent resolution. 

baskarrg
0 Likes

Message 25 of 41

Hi baskarrg

How's the connection been since the router was connected at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 41

Hi baskarrg

Thanks for your reply.

I will check in with you tomorrow morning to see how the connection has been with the router/filter at the test socket.

0 Likes

baskarrg
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 41

I have connected the microfilter directly to the test socket . Let's monitor this setup and see how it goes.  Just to note it down I have had disconnections all night so I really hope there is a permanent resolution to this issue. 

baskarrg
0 Likes

Message 28 of 41

Morning,

Can I just confirm, if you log into your My Account and check the HomeSafe/KidSafe settings, do they show as on or off?

I've re-run the line test now which is clear. Does your main socket have a test socket please? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone directly at the test socket please so we can monitor your connection in this set up?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

baskarrg
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 41

During the day there were no disconnections, but there were 5 disconnections between 10 PM to 12 AM. Also, I found logs such as Wi-Fi security settings have been successfully saved, which doesn't make sense because I haven't changed any settings. I would assume someone from TalkTalk is changing settings or the router is having issues with the firmware. Is this a security concern ?

baskarrg
0 Likes

Message 30 of 41

Could you just keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and let us know if there are any further disconnections

Chris

baskarrg
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 41

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the response.

I haven't had any disconnections since morning. Just wanted to know if the issue has been fixed or we need to observe for couple more days. 

Regards,

Baskar

baskarrg
0 Likes

Message 32 of 41

Hi baskarrg,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems again. Looks as though there were four disconnection between 22:20-23:15 last night, looks to have been OK since - does it seem to be OK at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

baskarrg
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 41

Unfortunately, the issue has started happening again. I have had four disconnections in the past 24 hours and got disconnected in the middle of work. I would assume there is no permanent fix for the issue and it will happen again and again. 

Date/Time Severity Module Message
29.01.2024 18:48:56 Warning DHCPC
WAN DHCP client (1) stopped
29.01.2024 18:48:56 Info XDSL
VDSL connectivity is down port 1

baskarrg
0 Likes

Message 34 of 41

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

baskarrg
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 41

Hello Chris,

Speed is back to normal standard and the connection too looks stable. Haven't had any issues in the past week

Thanks 

Baskar

baskarrg
0 Likes

Message 36 of 41

Hi baskarrg,

How are you getting on, has there been any speed improvement?

Chris

0 Likes

baskarrg
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 41

An engineer visit  was supposed to happen on 27th never happened. I got a message at 8 PM on the 26th saying that the issue has been resolved by the engineer. I am not sure what was done to fix the issue.  Connection has been stable for the last 24 hours and we haven't had any disconnection. Speed is not up to the mark. I assume that's due to the syncing time.  We will continue to monitor for the next 48 hours, hopefully the connection stays steady.  There is a call back scheduled for tomorrow. I hope there is a case for compensation.

baskarrg
0 Likes

Message 38 of 41

Hi baskarrg,

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems with your service, please let us know how the engineer visit goes

Chris

baskarrg
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 41

Just want to provide an update on this issue. The error which was mentioned earlier kept on happening.I even switched off the router overnight on 24th and switched it back on 25th hoping for a Christmas miracle, which obviously did not happen.  For the past three days, connections were lost a total of 75 times and the issue is still occurring. I have attached the router logs with the timestamps. 

I somehow got an engineer appointment on Thursday. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.  

baskarrg
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 41

Staff will not be back over the Christmas period, @baskarrg.

Stick with Chat over the coming days, or wait for this to be picked up on the forum on Wednesday. 

20231222_210119.jpg

Opening hours for Chat as above.

Phone support is closed until Wednesday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.