cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

WIFI randomly disconnecting on devices

jimirvineuk
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Hello.

For the last couple of months, devices connected via wifi to our TalkTalk Wifi-Hub are disconnecting randomly.  You have to either disable wifi and then enable it again, or it comes back on its own after a minute. Other wifi devices still work at the same time when this happens, and the router white light is still on when this happens. 

We have tried rebooting the router and this possibly helps, but not for long.

When I run a test it says there are no problems on the line. 

Is this a router issue?

Thanks.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi

Not all devices will identify themselves, some will only supply their mac address.  Had a device of my own, was driving me crazy for a couple of weeks trying to identify it, it turned out to be a mobvoi smart watch...... guessing it was not smart enough to identify itself.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

jimirvineuk
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

Hi. See on talktalk/devices that I have 13 devices working as expected and 4 devices with issues. 3 of their names are unknown so I will have to try and work out what which ones they are.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi

Glad the connection has improved.  I'm only showing 7 devices connected currently so all looks ok here.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jimirvineuk
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 16

The majority opinion is that there has been an improvement with the new router. It isn’t perfect but better. Can you see if we have an above normal amount of connected devices? Thanks

Message 5 of 16

Hi jimirvineuk

How are you getting on, how's the connection been?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Good afternoon,

Great, thank you for the update and we'll check back in with you next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

jimirvineuk
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 16

It has now been delivered. I have replaced the old router with the new router and cables, and it is connected and working. I will see if it has a more stable connection for the wifi devices over the coming week. 

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi jimirvineuk

Ahh ok, thank you for letting me know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

jimirvineuk
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 16

Not yet. It is due to be delivered today.

Message 10 of 16
0 Likes

Message 11 of 16
0 Likes

jimirvineuk
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

Thank you. I will do.

Message 13 of 16

HI jimirvineuk

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

jimirvineuk
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Hi Debbie. If you think it could help, yes please. Thanks.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi jimirvineuk

I'm sorry to hear this.

I think we should send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes