cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

What is Fast Broadband Extra?

Gammerz
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Gammerz_0-1676219656685.png

What is the difference between my current Fibre 35 and Fast Broadband Extra? There is no info that I can find and the download speed in the above page, linked from the renewal email,  is blank.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Glad you got a deal you are happy with. Arne answered your question about Fast Broadband Extra earlier. 

Gammerz
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Thanks to you and @Gliwmaeden2 . Managed to get my current package at £24.95 (currently £26.40) fixed price for 18 months, which saves me approx. £56 over 18 month contract with the estimated price increases every April.

Chat doesn't seem to be available when logged in, so had to log out and supply security details. As you suggest, this seems to be steering existing customers towards more expensive packages, whereas new customers get to use the chat and make deals.

So what is Fast Broadband Extra? I still don't know (forgot to ask the agent)! Lol!

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

So basically just a bizarre glitch that these contract end emails are inserting the name of an old legacy package for no particular reason.

Not really that surprising though for those of us who have been with and experienced TalkTalk for some time. For a company in the IT business, their computer systems are a shambles.

@Gammerz , It's never a good idea to renew online with TalkTalk - You usually won't get the best prices and there is a strong possibility of unwanted extras being added in. Phone or use live chat, as @Gliwmaeden2 advises, and ask for the Loyalty Team.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

@Gammerz, just phone up or use Chat and ask for what you want. 

Any online renewal includes TV so you then have to ring them up to get them to remove it anyway.

Spell out the service you want, and be watchful re things like Voicemail,  Supersafe etc.

See here for the link to Chat and details of opening hours:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 9

@Arne-TalkTalk Thanks for your reply.

So I only have the option the upgrade to Fibre65? I don't need the extra speed so why can't I stay on Fibre35 for a reduced price? New customers have Fibre 35 option available (albeit for the same price). Your pricing strategy is confusing.

Gammerz_0-1676313438798.png

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi Gammerz

Fast BB extra is a old legacy package, the only information I could find was: 

Fast Broadband Extra was a service aimed at customers who live a long way from their local telephone exchange. It allowed speeds up to 18 Mbps. We identified a number of customers who were receiving slow broadband speeds and automatically upgraded them to Fast Broadband Extra.

Im sure we dont sell this any longer I will feed this back. 

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

The plot thickens.

Like I said on my topic, "Fast Broadband Extra" is the package the system seems to think I am currently on. I was offered a move to Fibre65 despite the fact that I have been on Fibre65 for nearly 2 years.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

It's a bit of a mystery, @Gammerz, with currently nothing showing even in Talktalk pricing/legal pages / forum search engine. 

You are not alone in getting this offer:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Where-do-they-get-this-nonsense/td-p/2950116#M323906

Probably a case of right hand not knowing what left is doing. Staff will respond during the week to clarify.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.