FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Hub is refusing connections

deanaldwinckle
Team Player
Message 16 of 16

Over the last week or so my wifi router has started dropping the wifi or refusing connections by repeatedly asking for passwords. I know the broadband is working as I am also hardwired into the same router & that si working fine. It only seems to impact the two wifi signals. The 2.4GHz signal normally dissapears first and the 5G starts refusing connections by asking for a password we know is correct.  I end up having to reboot the router and it starts working again 

Can you help as I am along standing customer and my connection had been very stable prior to this. 

Deanooooo...... Talk sense to a fool and he will call you foolish
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi deanaldwinckle

That's great 🙂 

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 16

Looking good so far. No complaints from family of dropping wi-fi! Will continue to monitor for 24 more hours

Message 3 of 16

Hi deanaldwinckle

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 16

New router just arrived and I installed it  -  will monitor over the weekend

Message 5 of 16
Thansk Karl - Its still playing up

Message 6 of 16

Will you please update your profile to contain your name and telephone number

Please also start your own thread and not piggy back on to another users thread.

Once you do that an OCE will be able to pickup your ticket

Note: I do not work for TT, but here to help.

Message 7 of 16
Hi, I have exactly the same problem, I did the factory settings yesterday but unfortunately today the same problem again. What I should do now?
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi

i'll get another router out to you for testing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 9 of 16
@ferguson I was just supplying an update post my factory reset and its been 7 hrs of monitoring before i posted an upadte
0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

As previously advised please be patient and the team will get back to you as soon as they can, further posting is counterproductive as it just moves you to the back of the queue each time.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16
Sorry factory reset has made no difference - still losing my available wifi and refusing connections. Can ihave another router?
0 Likes

Message 12 of 16
I wasn't sure that was Talk-Talk advice or a genuine request, I have already tried that, but I have carried out another factory reset & I will monitor the situation for the next 24-36 hours and report my findings
0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Forum support is not instant and staff work from oldest posts first, replies can take from a few hours up until a day.

Have you tried @Divsec 's suggestion and factory reset your router ?

Message 14 of 16
when will that be? it's been 4 hrs already?
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @deanaldwinckle probably worth trying a factory reset. your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes