cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Work laptop won’t connect to wifi

Shona8
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

My work laptop has stopped connecting to talk talk. I can connect all my other devices to the internet. I can connect my laptop to my mobile hotspot/any other wifi networks. It used to be able to connect. I work from home part time so I need my laptop to work. It is not a VPN issue (I do use a VPN for some aspects, but can’t even open a google page let alone start to connect to a VPN!).  How can this be fixed please? I can see it has happened to other people too, but was advised to start my own topic. 

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

There is a VPN required for one program, but I can't even get as far as using that because I'm not connected to the internet! I can't do basic tasks like use the browser to check my emails. Connecting to the VPN requires internet, but that's not what I'm asking for, I'm just asking for a basic internet connection. 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 31

Hi Shona8

Do you not use a VPN client on your work laptop?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 31

I don’t want to use a VPN? I just want my laptop to connect to the internet. As before I can’t even open my emails or do a google search. My contract is with talk talk, why am I having to contact someone else? Please let me know next steps to resolve this as it is highly unsatisfactory. 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

Hi Shona8

Thank you. You should be able to use VPN with the eero.

If you follow the trouble shooting steps in eero app, at the end there should be an option to contact eero directly. I believe another customer mentioned that some changes were made to their settings when they contacted eero.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 31

Eero 6

Message 26 of 31

Hi Shona8

Thank you. I can now locate your details but I can't connect to your router.

Which router do you have? (make and model)

0 Likes

Message 27 of 31

Have done 

Message 28 of 31

Hi Shona8

Please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number or account number to your Community Profile, so we can locate your details.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 29 of 31

I’ve done my name and telephone number but I only have one phone so I don’t have an alternate phone number 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 30 of 31

Hi Shona,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes