cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Xbox Showing Moderate Nat/Unable to acquire Nat Teredo Error

DanMay94
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

Hi all,

Hoping somebody can help. I have had a talktalk fast router for a week now and have so far been unable to game on my Xbox series x. I either get an error stating a NAT type cannot be acquired, or I get a moderate NAT temporarily until it goes back to ‘unable to acquire’. I know a little about networking so I have tried manually port forwarding the Xbox ports etc however I can only seem to get the Xbox to get an open NAT for 5-10 minutes. I have read in a few other posts UPnP seems to be bugged on the latest firmware for this router which the Xbox requires to work. If this is the case, the router really isn’t fit for purpose. I tried calling talktalks technical support, and I must say they weren’t very helpful at all.

Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

DanMay94
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 25

Hi Debbie,

It would seem odd to need to factory the reset the router after only a week, but I will give it a go tonight and see how it goes.

If that doesn’t work what options do we have?

Thanks for your quick replies! 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 25

Hi DanMay94

Thanks for your reply.

I don't believe this is an issue with the router. I've just checked with my colleague who uses the Xbox with the same router.

Could you try the factory reset to see if it helps?

0 Likes

DanMay94
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 25

Hi Debbie,

I have only had the router a week so no I haven’t performed a factory reset yet, although I can try.

I believe it’s the Fast 5364 router I have.

Can you confirm if the UPnP feature works correctly on this router with the current firmware? As I say, I have seen posts which say this isn’t the case.

I have updated my profile.

Many thanks!

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 24 of 25

HI DanMay94

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Which router do you have? (make and model)

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes