cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Xbox series X problems with upnp.

Aaron_Campion
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

So my xbox is stuck on moderate NAT type causing me match making issues on online games. 

Its saying "upnp unsuccessful"

I've checked my router settings and upnp is enabled.

I've tried power cycling the router which seems to work for a little while but then the problem reappears. 

My xbox is connected via Ethenet Cable. Problem also is happening on my sons xbox via wifi.

Any Ideas

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

I have no timescales as to when this will be fixed.

I can help you with all aspects of port forwarding, but you will need to find out which TCP or UDP ports need to be opened.

You really do not want to go down the route of UPnP as I said it is totally insecure, it has the ability to open any ports particularly when controlled by malware & render your whole broadband open to attack.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Keith,

im not really good with networking and have no clue about port forwarding. Unfortunately my Xbox needs UPnp to have an open NAT type. Any idea if talk talk are fixing this bug?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

UPnp is incredibly insecure and should never be used, port forwarding is much safer. That said, if you have either of the two Sagemcom WiFi Hubs there is a bug in V174 where UPnP does not work anyway.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes