cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

iNTERMITTENT CONNECTION

DaveStroud
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi. For the last few weeks my broadband (Fibre 65) has been "dropping out" numerous times a day. It only "drops out" for a few minutes then comes back on again of its own accord, I have a NTE 5C Openreach Box (fitted in the last year or so), a Sagemcom FAST5364 Router and "wired" Ethernet. I have also noticed recently that my download speed has reduced from over 60 Mbps to around 45.Mbps  I've not touched, changed or fiddled with anything. Any ideas, how to resove these issues ?

dp
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update, I've ordered a returns bag for the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Michelle,

New router set up and I am giving it a few days to settle in but all seems to be well so far.  

Could you tell me is it necessary to return the old router and if so could you email me a returns label?

I shall get back to you in about a weeks time on how the new unit is performing.

Thank you for your kind attention.

kind regards,

Dave

dp
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

Morning Dave,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the PM and we'll check back in with you tomorrow to see how you're getting on 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi @DaveStroud 

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've completed a line test and this is clear - No faults detected. The connection also appears to be stable.

Is this only affecting the wireless connection? Do you have any wired connections?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi DaveStroud

Just to confirm, has this fault been resolved?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi DaveStroud

Openreach have now closed this fault was resolved. Is everything working ok now?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi DaveStroud

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been raised to Openreach and an engineer visit has been arranged for today.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

When this happens, what is the exact status of the light on the front of the Sagemcom?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?