FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Pro (11 inch 3rd gen 2021) model

johnny95
Chat Champion
Message 67 of 67

Hi, I purchased a iPad Pro (11 inch 3rd gen 2021) at Christmas. I'm having an issue with Wi-Fi dropping when it's in locked/sleep mode. This happens approx once every 2 days. So it's not all the time, but I can miss notifications when it does happen.

I have contacted Apple regarding the issue and have tried all the possible solutions, including a factory reset of the iPad. However it lasted a couple of days before the Wi-Fi dropped again. It usually connects again if I leave it a few minutes, but to get it back straight away I have to disconnect and reconnect Wi-Fi on my iPad. It always displays a full strength Wi-Fi signal even when it's not connected. 

I'm sometimes getting this message: PRIVACY WARNING - THIS NETWORK IS BLOCKING ENCRYPTED DNS TRAFFIC. Which could be linked to the issue I'm not sure. However I've checked my router security settings and I'm on WPA 2 Personal which should be fine. 

Apple have suggested that the firmware may need updating, could this fix the issue? If not they have suggested trying a different router. Please can you help with this? I have a spare TalkTalk hub, which I could try if the firmware update doesn't help. 

I have attached a screen shot of no internet connection but a full strength Wi-Fi signal. My old iPad air 2 was fine using this router and I don't have any other problems with other devices. 

Thanks in advance,

John.

IMG_0835.PNG

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 1 of 67

Thank you I have added the details to your account. 

Regards

johnny95
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 67

Cheers Karl. I've added that now.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 67

Hi

If you access your 'Community Profile' and scroll down to the bottom you should see a private notes box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

johnny95
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 67

Hi, I sent the parcel yesterday. I have a tracking number, however I can’t find the “private notes section” to put it in. Please can you advise further? 

0 Likes

johnny95
Chat Champion
Message 6 of 67

Cheers Arne. I'll be sending it back later this week.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 67

Hi @johnny95

If you make a note of the tracking number and add it to your community profile, in the private notes section, I will add it to your account.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 8 of 67

Ok cheers. The payment due date is on the 10th, so I guess if that’s taken before you get the hub back I’ll get a refund. Cheers again.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 67

I would, although probably best to check opening hours at your local Post Office. For added peace of mind obtain a proof of postage receipt.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 67

Thanks Ferguson. I’ve found the returns bag and a tracked 48 sticker to put on it. Should I return the old hub asap? 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 67

There is normally a returns bag sent with a replacement router and you should have been notified and reminded by email of this requirement, perhaps they landed in a junk/spam folder? The support team will look into this for you when they are back online from Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 67

I didn’t. I wasn’t ask to? Is this what the charge is for? And can I return it now?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 67

Did you return the previous router?

0 Likes

johnny95
Chat Champion
Message 14 of 67

Hi Michelle. On a separate issue I've just received my latest bill and I have an  "Equipment charge" of £50 added. My bill is stating £85. Please can you help with this as I assume it was for the replacement router which you sent out? (My bill is normally £34)

0 Likes

Message 15 of 67

Cheers. I will do.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 67

Hello,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if their is no improvement in speed following the 30 minute router power down.

Thanks

Message 17 of 67

Hi Michelle. My iPad connection has been fine since using the Huawei router. I’ve had no drops at all since last Tuesday, when I started using it. So it looks like the iPad had a compatibility issue with the other router. Thanks for everyone’s help on this topic. 

With regard to my speed, I’m still getting 54 Mbps download. I’ll try powering down my router for 30 mins in a few weeks or so, if it hasn’t gone back up. 

Cheers,

John.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 67

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 67

Hi johnny95

Ok no problem.

Powering down the router for a full 30 minutes will just start a new session and this will often increase the throughput speed.

Please let us know how the connection is over the weekend.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Message 20 of 67

Ok thanks. So I should switch the router off for 30 mins, then reboot it. I think I’ll leave it for now and do this after the weekend, just to see how the iPad’s connection goes. As I want to see how stable it is for a full three days. 

0 Likes