cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

new contract problems

jotoho1
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I received a letter 0n 22 March from Talk Talk re my contract renewal & offers for Fibre 35 & Fibre 65.

Fibre 35 would be £23.95 per month & Fibre 65 would be £26 per month.

I chatted online & it was agreed I would have the Fibre 65 for £26 & negotiated the telephone boost for £8 a month for £34. I was informed the increase in speed would be effective within approximately 24 hours.

The max speed over that period was only 37 & nowhere near 65, after checking several times. I checked my account to see I had been signed up for Fibre 35 for £26 not Fibre 65. 

I chatted for a second time & was given a £5 credit for my inconvenience & a new contract for Fibre 65 for £34 including the telephone boost was set up. Considering it was Talk Talk  that made the error I thought it a cheek to tell me the £30 admin fee would be waived !

After checks being done it appeared my max speed would only be a little better, so I said  it did not warrant the extra for so little an increase & I preferred to stay as shown in my account on the Fibre 35 for  £23.95 and  phone boost for £31.95. I was then told nothing could be done further until 30 days had elapsed & I would have to get in touch with Talk Talk to instigate the change! So as I considered it to be something that Talk Talk having made the initial error, ought to put right, not myself, I wrote a letter of complaint to Salford address on 30th March.

To this, no response, not even an acknowledgement. I then emailed  Talk Talk Help on 7th April.

To date no one has been in contact despite assurances from  Complaints that someone tried to contact me on the 17th April. How, if there is no email or caller on my telephone display, is this possible?

I have both transcripts of my chats & all the emails with assurances someone would be in touch within 72 hours, that never happen.

I am now waiting for 26h May, for the 8 week period to elapse ,whereupon I will be in touch with  CISAS. I have NO intention of contacting Talk Talk  again, so the ball is in Talk Talk's court !

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi jotoho1

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes