cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre not working since installation

MickyB93
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

20230416_140124.jpg

20230419_205909.jpg

Screenshot_20230416_134852_eero.jpg

Hi,

I had Fibre 150 installed 6 Days ago and I have not been able to connect to it via my Eero 6 or my old talktalk router via the Red WAN.

Openreach have been out and checked its all installed properly but apart from that no one seems to know what is happening,

I am getting an error on my Eero app of no Internet and External IP address.

Eero tech support also said the following -- If the ISP needs to whitelist your eero, its MAC address is b4:20:46:03:d2:40. Would you please call them and ask if they enabled the Internet connection and if they need any custom ISP settings such as PPPoE or VLAN are required for setup?
https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/360060086931-Configuring-Internet-service-provider-ISP-se...

I'm guessing something at the Openreach or maybe talktalk end just needs configuring properly.

Has anyone had a similar issue? 

Michael Baker
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi

Ok, glad to hear the team made contact 🙂

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi,

Yes someone phoned. 

My Openreach account had been set up with incomplete information so wouldn't generate an IP address.

Michael Baker
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi MickyB93

Have the team contacted you since the escalation was raised on Thursday, has the connection been restored ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Nilsson
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 18

I had the same issue. After about 10 hours on hold/chat/talking to TalkTalk, they eventually sent out an openreach engineer. He called his tech team, who called TalkTalk and there was something they (TalkTalk) needed to do on their end which hadn't been done. 

Really frustrating as there seem to be a number of people having this issue, so why don't Talktalk know how to fix it? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi,

The team have confirmed that they are looking into this so we should hopefully receive an update soon.

Thanks

Message 6 of 18

Thanks. Hopefully someone has had thr same issue and a fix is known.

Michael Baker
0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hello,

I've escalated this to our Faults Team and we will post back as soon as we receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Message 8 of 18

Hi, yes definitely connected. Tried different eithernet cables as well as my last talktalk router. But nothing made a difference. I also have a case open which will probably have more details in CMP-398166

Michael Baker
0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi MickyB93

I'm just looking into this further with our team.

Can I just confirm, is the router connected securely to the ONT? (WAN port)

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Are you still without Internet with the same problem? Has anyone said how to resolve it?

Michael Baker
0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Turned into a right mess. No one seems to know. Endless phone calls and live chat. Now have a complaints case manager called Nara based in UK who has been helping and organising Openreach. Would advise you go on live chat or phone and ask to be put through to them and get a complaint open. 

Michael Baker
0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi,

No connection even when the ethernet from ONT is direct to laptop..  get the error of IP not configured.

20230419_205909.jpg

Michael Baker
0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

ONT has 3 green lights and Openreach is saying it is working ad expected and not a problem at there side. Possibly my IP address is not set up correctly at the talktalk end

20230416_140124.jpg

20230419_205909.jpg

Michael Baker
0 Likes

MickyB93
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

ONT has 3 green lights and as far 

20230416_140124.jpg

as opentreach are concerned is workingm

Michael Baker
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 18

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, what lights are currently on the ONT box? Are you able to connect if you remove the eero and connect directly at the ONT?

Thanks

0 Likes

Ringo3568
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Same here no internet since 3pm after router install... everything fine on ONT open reach and line connection test suggests talk talk side...not happy at all 

0 Likes

iwantfibre
Participant
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

similar issue for me, Fibre line installed in February this year, worked for two weeks them stop. logged onto router and this shows internet is fine but when I connect anything I get message saying " connected with no internet available"

have made 4 calls to the fibre team and each time nothing has been sorted, even been sent a new router but still no fibre connection thinking of leavening TalkTalk now.

could be worse!!?
0 Likes