cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

DNS Server issues

stephenfreeman
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 36 of 36

Good Afternoon

Am getting  a little fed up with DNS errors, which seem to make no sense.

1) Openreach have checked the line so we can ruile that out.

2)I have checked the log and it doesn't make sense

Basically the errors are relating to websites that I visit but am not visiting at the time of the outage

How does this make sense? I mean how can there be an error on a name resolution which isn't being requested?

The white light on the router stays on.

Usually the error goes away all by itself.

Still confused

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 1 of 36

Hi

Glad to hear it. I've used TP Link in the past and they are solid routers.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 36

It has now been a little time and whilst I have had a few occasional problems just lately everything seems OK at the moment so sticking with the TP Link Archer router for the moment.

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 3 of 36

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming and please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 36

Hi,

Since changing to my own router, I have not been aware of any problems.

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 5 of 36

Morning,

Just checking in to see how the connection/performance has been over the last few days?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 36

Hello,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how the performance compares.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 36

Just had a quick look at the router (TP-Link) pages and don't see any pages for logs, so I cannot tell if there are any errors logged. As for broadband speed, I checked using a web browser, speed is lower, only to be expected but still adequate.  So far as good.

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 8 of 36

Morning,

Ok, we'll check back in with you in a few days to see how you're getting on. Just to advise that we do have a new version of firmware coming soon for the Sagemcom router and we're hoping to be able to roll this out in the next month.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 36

Hi, I have connected the TP-Link Archer 400 and appears to be working OK so far haven't checked on the logs etc as yet.

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 10 of 36

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this and please let us know how the connection compares with the alternative router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 36

Time is 12.20 pm on Sunday, just had another session of DNS errors briefly offline a few times again.

Is it the router or your DNS? I think your DNS. The only way to check will be to try my own router. I will see what I can do tomorrow on that.

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 12 of 36

does this help?DNS errors todayDNS errors today

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 13 of 36

Not updated yet. getting really weird at the moment the most recent errors today seem to relate to stats. minecraftforge or something like it, which is difficult to understand as I don't use it and I don't think our son does these days either.

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 14 of 36

Yes please. The new router seems to have overcome the DNS problems but there still seems to be a slight issue, perhaps that will overcome it hopefully?

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 15 of 36

Hi Stephen

Would you like me to ask our Devices Team to update the firmware?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 36

Hi,

Whatever it is it does not appear to be DNS related, at least this time. Connection just  dropped, white light stayed on but no error log, couldn't connect to router had to reset router.

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 17 of 36

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you continue to monitor the connection over the weekend and I will check in again with you on Monday.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 36

Hi,

Just checked today and note that firmware still appears to be the same as yet, though the DNS errors seem to have largely gone away, those that remain are probably correct. Download speed appears much better this morning as well approx 79mb, which is 9 more than it was, both in excess of what is promised.

Stephen Freeman

Message 19 of 36

Hi Stephen

We should now be able to update the firmware, please let us know once you have received and connected the new router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 36

Hi Stephen

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes