cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

DNS Server issues

stephenfreeman
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 36 of 36

Good Afternoon

Am getting  a little fed up with DNS errors, which seem to make no sense.

1) Openreach have checked the line so we can ruile that out.

2)I have checked the log and it doesn't make sense

Basically the errors are relating to websites that I visit but am not visiting at the time of the outage

How does this make sense? I mean how can there be an error on a name resolution which isn't being requested?

The white light on the router stays on.

Usually the error goes away all by itself.

Still confused

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 21 of 36

Yes, I would like to give it a go, at least then I will hopefully know if it is the actual router or the model that's the problem

Stephen Freeman

Message 22 of 36

Hi

would you like to try a replacement router ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

stephenfreeman
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 23 of 36

I would add that I think it is the router rather than anything else. When it drops I cannot even log onto it never mind anything else.

Am going to try my own router I think, loathe to do that though as the wifi signal isn't as strong as the Talktalk router, when its working.

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 24 of 36

Hi Stephen

Our Devices Team have advised that updates on the firmware  should now be available within the next 2 weeks.

We are currently still experiencing issues updating the router firmware.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 36

Hi Stephen

Sorry for the delay.

We are still experiencing issues updating the firmware. I will keep trying this and I will post back to confirm once the firmware has updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 36

Hi Stephen

Sorry for the delay.

We are still experiencing issues updating the firmware. I will keep trying this and I will post back to confirm once the firmware has updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 36

Hi Stephen

I've been advised by our Devices Team that we are still experiencing an issue pushing the update out to routers and this should be resolved within the next week.

Will it be ok if I try this again next week?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 36

Hi Stephen

I'm sorry for the delay. We are experiencing an issue updating the firmware at the moment.

I will post back to confirm once the firmware update has been completed.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 36

Hi Stephen

Apologies for this.

I will post to confirm once the firmware has been updated. Please can you leave your router switched on without being rebooted.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 30 of 36

When I was on chat a few days I was told it was upto date and when I looked at the router settings it also claimed to be upto date.

Perhaps it will help.

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 31 of 36

Hi Stephen

Your router firmware shows 136 and 158 is the latest version.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 36

I understand it is already upto date.

The only thing that occurs to me is that it might not be handling the cache properly somehow as being the explanation why it is trying to resolve previously visited websites domain names.

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Message 33 of 36

Hi Stephen

I will ask our Devices Team to upgrade your firmware to the latest version to see if this helps and I will post back to confirm once the firmware has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 34 of 36

If I get a DNS error then the internet goes down. But why does the log say there is a failure with said websites when I am not trying to access them?

Stephen Freeman
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 35 of 36

Hi Stephen,

Do you notice a drop in connection when you're accessing the Internet?

Chris

0 Likes