cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

poor speeds

anoyed
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

is their any chance of getting the DLM reset my speeds have taken a nose dive i used to get 60 mbps download and 20mbps upload at the router after a factory reset and plugged into maintinance socket im lucky if i can get 35mbps download and 6mbps upload also when i go onto the fixit page it tells me my router is dg8041 wrong im running sagemcom53643.00 firmware v sg4k100174 it also tells me im getting 44 at the router when in actual fact 35mbps  and a promised speed of 44mbps yet more porkies I used to be told 60mbps  could yo please make sure no band steering and reset DLM

thank you

dave
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hi,

I've sent you another PM, can you please supply the information requested and I'll book the engineer

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

anoyed
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 26

all I'm trying to do is get someone to book an engineer to sort the problem but seem to be getting nowhere fast 

dave
0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Sorry no, I'm still waiting for you to send the corrected security information, did you see my PM?

Chris

0 Likes

anoyed
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 26

are we any closer to getting an engineer booked please

dave
0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hi,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

any idea when said engineer might be booked because I've had nothing thank you in advance

dave
0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Thanks, I've removed the mobile number from your post. Could you answer the security question in the link in my PM and we'll book the engineer for you

Chris

0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 8 of 26

yes book the engineer 

dave
0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

OK, if you'd like us to book the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

yes go ahead and book them their is always someone in then email me 

dave
0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi anoyed,

If you'd like us to book an engineer please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

okay thanks 

dave
0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Hi

The only option we have is to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to investigate/resolve the drops in connection and then reset DLM to increase the speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

it keeps dropping out haven't touched it where our phone line goes to the pole the pole is leaning a bit and the phone line is a bit taunt weather that's what started it off I don't know also doesn't help when BT is always in the cabinets every time they do they stuff somebody's line up 

dave
0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi

Is the connection dropping or have you rebooted the router?

If DLM is reset and the speed increases then it will drop down again if the connection is still dropping out.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

the line may be clear but if the dlm at the exchange witch is at plymstock and is unmanned is stuffed then the speeds will never improve till someone goes and checks

dave
0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hi

Are all the re connections drops or has the router been rebooted too?

As the line tests are clear then the only option Openreach provide is to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

had them out last time checked everything was fine then rang up the exchange and he was told fault at exchange was fixed then and then the speed immediately increased

dave
0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hi

Thanks for your reply. The line is in sync at 31mb.

There are a high number of re connections on the line and this will affect the sync speed.

If the connection is dropping with a different router, filter and cable at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

25mbps download 5mbps upload

dave
0 Likes