cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

speed

neilm831
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi on my desktop pc i am only getting wifi speed 20 meg but via ethernet 71 meg.  Both 18 meg upload. I have checked my connections

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

neilm831
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi I got my speeds back up and running by changing frequency..now 71 meg too via wifi

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi

Keith can really help troubleshoot wifi issues, but we also have a lot of help articles regarding wifi, such as Boosting your Wi-Fi performance - TalkTalk Help & Support

Try searching our help content fur useful tips.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

There are many things you can do to improve your wireless performance, although some of this will be subject to your PC as well as the router. 

We are lucky to have an expert here who can advise on this, @KeithFrench could you help, please?

0 Likes