cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

2nd fibre failure within 6 weeks

SimonRd
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

On Wednesday afternoon our fibre went out - this was after it was installed on the 6th of June and we had no connection for around 10 days due to someone plugging us into the wrong port in the Cab. Why it took 10 days for someone to even look at that seems strange to me 

On Wednesday the Broadband and service lights went off, i chatted to talktalk "experts" on their website and i could not get them to understand this was fibre not copper phone line,  (is your phone working, have you plugged your filter in, have you removed the  faceplate from the phone line - no it the ont for fibre, no its the ont for fibre, no its the ont for fibre) so i ended up phoning them up and after being told that an engineer would cost me £75 (which i said i would not pay as this was not my fault) Yesterday City Fibre came around and after looking into it and after 3 engineers (and around 4 hours)  they managed to get the broadband light back on the ONT - but no service light.  

A senior engineer said he would get it sorted - its now been 24 hours and still no service.  

i chatted to talktalk this time via text as they had problems hearing me through my phone!  The "expert" said that the were problems in my area and to look at this website https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service

Surprise surprise all green - no problems.  i said this to the "expert"  who just wanted to talk about compensation.  

So out of less than 60 days i have had no intenet access for around 15 of those.  Its almost the weekend again and i'm guessing nothing will be sorted over saturday or sunday 

Can someone please sort this out

np.PNG

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi SimonRd,

Apologies for the delay. How are you getting on, do you still have no service?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks 🙂  i didnt imagine i would get a reply this side of the weekend anyway 🙂  

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

@SimonRd, staff on the forum are not on here from late Friday pm and over the weekend, so it may be quicker to follow up over the phone / Chat support as before. 

Let us know how you get on.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.