cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

4 green light on Modem no Internet Connection

oliversmart
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Had installation (Fibre 500) Tuesday 28th, engineer promised me it would work in 45 mins or so. Tried setting up Eero router and just get error message no internet. 

Connected to modem via laptop with a tested cable no internet.

Two long calls diagnosing the issue turning on off reinstalling app rebooting etc. Finally last night I was told it was being escalated to City Fibre and to wait up to 2 day for email confirmation that it has been resolved.

Seems I have the same issue as Owen 4 Lights on Modem, No Internet Connection - TalkTalk Help & Support and just need City Fibre to enable my account. 24hours and no response yet. Fingers crossed.

If anyone on this forum can assist and give any more detail / progress that would be great.

Olly

Olly
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Morning,

How has your connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi oliversmart

Apologies for this.

The auto compensation team can take a look at this once the fault ticket has been closed.

I will check in with you on Monday and if the connection is still working ok then I will close the fault ticket.

About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Yes Please.

Also still frustrated that I have spent the best part of a whole working day on the phone trying to resolve this installation fault. Can I seek any reimbursement on my first bill?

Olly
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi oliversmart

Thanks for your reply. 

"Just been out up the ladder to inspect the external Box fitted by City Fibre. As I checked the incoming cable connection it clicked into place.

Came in and ran through the set up process and bingo I am online. Either this installation error was my fault all along or City Fibre have actioned the latest escalation"

I think this sounds like a City Fibre installation issue.

Would you like me to leave the fault ticket open until Monday just to make sure everything is still working ok?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Debbie,

Just been out up the ladder to inspect the external Box fitted by City Fibre. As I checked the incoming cable connection it clicked into place.

Came in and ran through the set up process and bingo I am online. Either this installation error was my fault all along or City Fibre have actioned the latest escalation. either way I am finally online.

Olly
0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi oliversmart

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've checked again and I can see that this fault has been raised to City Fibre, there are no additional updates at the moment.

We will continue to monitor this for updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Debbie,

Have just got off another 1hr plus call. still not working it has been escalated to City Fibre again.

I found out that the last escalation on the 1st March, City Fibre did not accept and took no action. I am unsure why they rejected the escalation and if they will accept / action todays.

What would help is being able to contact a single person at Talk Talk as every time I call I have to go through all the same diagnostic questions and process from fresh rather than pick up my open issue. Is there a way for me to do this? Other wise i am just going in circles.

Getting close to giving up and cancelling order.

Olly
0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi oliversmart

I'm sorry for the delay.

Everything appears to be connected ok, is this working ok now?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

OK, sorry to see that, hopefully the support team here will pick this up tomorrow and look into this for you. 

oliversmart
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

So just had an email from Talk Talk saying my full fibre service is live, exciting though I would finally get connected.

Sadly no change and I am getting the same error message on the App saying there is no internet connection. See image attached. I have tried a hard reset again but sill no connection.

I attached my Laptop directly to the Modem and also cant connect to the internet See image attached.

Will ringing Talk Talk tonight and go through to the same team, do all the same diagnostics turning every think off and on and try to get a resolution.

app screen shot.pngLaptop connected no Internet.png
Olly
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes